December 12, 2010

It’s over! I have officially survived my first semester in college. Overall not so bad. I must warn you this week’s blog won’t be too long, since not much has happened besides studying for finals…

I wish I could say these past two weeks have been amazing. I wish I could say I’m loving this freezing cold weather. Coming from a tropical climate doesn’t make things too easy. And they said Florida was supposed to be warm…Tonight’s low: 29 degrees. Monday night—25. The only thing that is missing is some snow!

I am grateful that I only have three finals, however. Some people have five! I already survived my EGR-115 test. It went great, I suppose. 91% for a few hours’ work isn’t too shabby. Next up: MA-241 and PS-150 (that’s Calc I and physics I for all of you out there). I can’t say I’m ready for physics, though. There is just something about kinematics and I that just doesn’t work together. Manageable, but annoying.

The highlight of my week, though, was going to Downtown Disney (yes, yet again…have I mentioned my love for it? Well…you will hear a lot about Disney). It was such a great way to relax before hell week. Dinner at Paradiso 37. Yummy Salvadoran food with Ghirardelli ice cream after. SO good! Makes me so excited to go back to San Francisco and visit Ghirardelli Square again!

And I bought a Mickey snuggie for myself. I must say that is pretty neat stuff (at least for me).

So that’s it for me! I better get to packing up my things to go home! Well, and study too…Happy holidays to everyone out there, and hope you get your applications to Riddle in soon, future Eagles! Good luck to those of you graduating this December, and for those that will make it by May—same for you (you’re almost there!).

This entry was posted in 2010 – 2011 and tagged , by Adriana. Bookmark the permalink.

About Adriana

**Minor:** Space Studies / Astronomy **Career Goals:** To work for NASA or a private company as an engineer. **Why I chose Embry-Riddle:** Small school allows me to form close bonds with people, the students and staff are exceptional, plus the reputation is unbeatable!