Becoming an Eagle

“When it rains, most birds head for shelter; the Eagle is the only bird that, in order to avoid the rain, starts flying above the cloud…”  Author Unknown

There may be a point in time while in school that everything will seem difficult with no end in sight. Life is going to find a way to test you. At times, you may feel that this is unfair. The urge to quit during these times are the highest but don’t give in. At this point you have to tell yourself: it’s not about how good you are, but how bad you want it. Whatever your dream is, if it’s important to you, then fight for it. Just remember that there is more than one way to achieve your dreams. If one way doesn’t work, just change your strategy.

Follow your heart

Never giving up doesn’t mean you keep doing the wrong things over and over, it means to be smart and figure out the correct actions to take and then taking them until you achieve your dreams.

This semester has proven to be challenging to me, but the challenge is well worth it. In choosing to become an Eagle, I have taken the oath, the chance, the challenge to soar above the limits of normality. Each student here has their own their own desires out of life. Me? I choose the forecast my future for clear skies, and engineer my flight to the stars and beyond.

As Lanston Hughes once said, “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.”