October 28, 2004

Hello all, and welcome to another installment of Darryl’s Journal, haha. What’s up guys? Well, I actually have something going on this week!!! I FINALLY got moved into my new apartment. It’s pretty sweet, garage and solid wood cabinets and everything. I am so excited to finally have a place to live. It’s not the first time that I have lived in an apartment. I had a place in Orlando over the summer before I came to Riddle. OOOoohh, I haven’t told you guys about that yet!! Well, this past summer I got an internship with Walt Disney World (technically called the “College Program”) where I was able to work in the park with all the guests and everything, and it was AWESOME. You interviewed under the possibility of working different sectors of any of the four parks and numerous resorts. You could choose anything from housekeeping, to custodial, to attractions, to food and beverage, to quick service food and beverage (kinda like fast food). It was the best. I was able to get into attractions, which meant that I actually worked on the rides getting people on and off and through and everything. I worked at my favorite theme park, EPCOT (Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow), which means that I worked with people from around the world. Japan, Italy, China, Germany, Mexico, Canada, UK, Norway, France are the countries that are represented around World Showcase (plus America). I worked at Test Track. Yup that’s right, Disney and GM’s huge project which turned out great. If anyone would like to hear more about it send me an email some time. I have hundreds of stories.

School is going ok. It always gets thicker around this time of year. Back home it’s getting cold, but in Daytona still feels like August. Biketoberfest is going on right now. There are WAY too many motorcycles here right now. They are all of course way too loud, but what can ya do. I’ve got some new friends. I generally keep to myself and talk to everyone from home more, but Jon and I have had to do some Tech Writing homework group style so we’ve had to come after school and chill in the computer lab and do a little work. Other than that, all is well. It’s getting late here and its Friday night so I’m gonna get offline for a little bit and hit the bed. Later to all of you folks out there, night guys.

This entry was posted in 2004 – 2005 by Darryl. Bookmark the permalink.

About Darryl

**Age:** 21 **Hometown:** Oak Ridge, TN **Favorite Movie:** The Fast and the Furious **Favorite Band:** Linkin Park **Career Goal:** Work at Kennedy Space Center following in the footsteps of my relatives