April 14, 2005

Hello readers, I’m a bit more tired than usual this morning because some smart ass decided to set of the fire alarm in the dorms off at three o’clock this morning. That is the second time it has happened since I have got here and it still hasn’t gotten any funnier. I don’t mind a bit of banter but I hate having my sleep interrupted.

The soccer club had their alumni game this weekend, and I am glad to say that the current team won it for the first time. A lot of the alumni seemed to be nursing a hangover, which didn’t help their performance but I am not sure how much of an effect this had on the outcome. We won a comfortable five zero and I even managed to get myself on the score sheet. It was a thirty-yard rasper. It was good to see the players that went before us at Riddle. We had a bit of a social on Saturday night after the game, a great day in fairness.

I am off to Nice in the south of France tomorrow for a wedding. It’ll be great, not just to see everyone from home but this will be my first wedding and, I am sure, a great party. I will be flying on Tuesday morning and not arriving until Wednesday, almost a full day of traveling, even with the time change. Well worth it though. I am very sad to say that I will have to miss a few days of college, but needless to say I think I will get over it. I will be thinking of all of you here at college working away, when I am living it up in the south of France. I suppose it is close to finals but all my classes are going well and I wouldn’t miss this wedding for the sake of a few days in college.

When I get back from Nice, I think that we have only got about two or three weeks left before we are heading home for the summer, and that is the end of my second Freshman year in college. And believe it or not, contrary to popular belief, especially with all my moaning on this journal it has been a good year where I have met a lot of new and good friends. I am very glad that I got the opportunity to write this journal as I now have something that I can look back on, and reminisce about the year that has gone. You know how it is sometimes, you never really appreciate what you have until it is gone. For instance, the dorms, very boring at times, but I would definitely recommend staying there for the first year of college at least. I mean if nothing else it is a great place to meet people who are usually on the same boat as your self, their first year in college and their first time away from home.

Anyway I have to go to work and I have a lot to do today, with going away tomorrow and that, I have some washing to do. Take it easy. Hugh.

This entry was posted in 2004 – 2005 by Hugh. Bookmark the permalink.

About Hugh

**Age:** 20 **Hometown:** N. Ireland **Favorite Movie:** The Goonies **Favorite Band:** Red Hot Chili Peppers **Career Goal:** Win a national soccer championship and get my degree.