February 18

Hey Everyone,

So these past two weeks have been pretty uneventful until this past weekend. School has been going very, very well. It’s been a lot of work and a lot of studying, but all in all it’s been going by pretty smoothly. I can’t believe we are already coming up on the end of February. This semester is just flying by, spring break is in like 3 weeks already and then midterms are even before that.  I must be super busy because I don’t think I’ve ever felt a semester go by this fast, but I’m not complaining at all!!!! I’ve decided in the past two weeks that I am going to stay at school for summer. I decided that I could go home and have fun all summer for four months, which really does sound awesome, or I can take classes so that I can just become that much closer to finishing. I’m going to miss being at home for the summer but I also realize that I’m doing it to better myself.

This past week in Daytona Beach has been INSANE. Not sure if everyone is aware of it, but the Daytona 500 was this past weekend and so Race Week events were all last week. There were so many people here that I could not believe it.  However, since Riddle is located so close to the track, the traffic was ridiculous around school. It wasn’t even worth going off campus because you would just be stuck in traffic and have to sit there anyways. The positive aspect of race week was all of the different aircraft that came into Daytona Beach. The airport closes down our North-South runway in order to provide parking for all of the private aircraft that come.  On race day, during the National Anthem, the Thunderbirds did their fly-over and I got some video of that, and I also got a shot of them lined up on the tarmac after the race. It was definitely a cool experience to be here for.

So this past weekend, I was able to attend another conference. We traveled to Tallahassee to Florida State University for FARH (Florida Association of Residence Halls). This was almost like the SAACURH conference that I attended, but instead of different states being there, it was just all of the Resident Student Association’s in Florida only. We attended a whole bunch of different programs in order to come up with ideas to bring back to our schools. There was also an amazing Keynote speaker, Ed Garahty who spoke on leadership.  So this has been a weekend that I have been looking forward to since before winter break, and of course what do I get?????? THE FLU… that’s right… Thursday morning I wake up with all of the symptoms and I go through the entire weekend feeling like death. But I made the best out of a bad situation and managed to still have a great time.

There really has not been much else going on around here, a lot of people have been getting sick, so it’s felt kind of dreary around campus, but other than that it’s the same old stuff. I hope everyone’s life has been more exciting than mine!!!  Hope all is well and I will talk to you all soon. Make sure you check out my blog for more pictures and videos!!! www.virb.com/joejaworskiatc Until Next Time, Joey Jaworski

Aim- HYPORBOY226
Email: Jaworksj@erau.edu

This entry was posted in 2007 – 2008 by Joe. Bookmark the permalink.

About Joe

**Class Year:** Sophomore **Position:** Student Assistant - Embry-Riddle Summer Programs **Hometown:** Buffalo, NY **Summer Activity:** Working Embry-Riddle's Summer Academy - and more! **Why I Chose Embry-Riddle:** I chose Embry Riddle with no second thought in my mind. I knew that I have always wanted to either be a Pilot or an Air Traffic Controller and with time I realized that I am someone who is meant to be in the tower!