March 28

Hey Everyone,

I know it has been a while and I apologize for that. It’s been 3 weeks since we last talked and I have bunches of news to share with you all. I’ll let you know the results of the ERRSA elections, I’ll tell you a little bit about my spring break, and the week that has just passed. I hope everyone is doing good and I hope you enjoy!!!

Okay so the last time I posted I was telling you all about ERRSA elections, now, I was running for Vice President, and I was bidding for the position of National Communications Coordinator. Now elections are voted upon by all of the residents in the Resident Halls, and a bid process is where you are selected by the President to fill the position. When the election results came, I won the position of Vice President and I was selected to fill the position of NCC. I only could choose one, and in the end I chose Vice President. This was a great ending to the week before Spring Break.

On the Saturday and Sunday of the first weekend of spring break, I was at the beach for most of those two days. They were absolutely beautiful days and I had to take advantage of them. That Monday, I went to Orlando to visit one of my friends who was at a resort on her spring break. We spent the entire day together and went to downtown Disney at night to eat dinner and then saw the movie Vantage Point, which may I say is an amazing movie. On Tuesday, my friend and I got a hotel at the Orlando Airport, since I was leaving for Buffalo REALLY early on Wednesday morning. We sat by the pool and watched planes take off all day!!! Then I got up the next morning and went HOME!!! No one knew I was coming home so I went to my mom’s work and I surprised her, and then I waited for my sister and my dad to get home and I surprised them, and finally I was able to surprise all of my friends. Due to it being Holy Week and Easter weekend I spent a lot of my time at home in church. On Wednesday we had choir practice, on Friday we had the Passion of Christ, Saturday was the Easter Vigil and Sunday was Easter mass. I was only able to stay until Sunday, so it was a short and sweet, but AMAZING visit!

The first week back was pretty rough, getting back into the swing of things, but it didn’t take too much before we were rollin’ along again. This past Friday night we had our Relay for Life, which is a committee that I am on through ERRSA. We have been raising money all year for the American Cancer Society and at this finale we were up all night walking to raise more money. We walked from 6pm on Friday night to 5:30am on Saturday morning. After that I had to go directly to take some friends to the airport in St Augustine which is an hour away and then drive back. By the time I got home I had been up for 26 hours and was pretty much ready for bed!!!! I woke up at 4 so that I could get ready to go to dinner. As I told you all I sang at that event a few weeks ago and one of the coordinators wanted to take myself, as well as two other who  contributed to the event out to dinner. We went to one of the finest restaurants in town and had a wonderful dinner.

Classes have been going very well, it’s getting down to that time of final projects and getting in that last home stretch for the year. I am applying for a summer job on campus as a Camp Counselor and was just called back for a second interview, so I will let you all know how that goes. I hope you are all doing well in the Academia World and I hope to hear from some of you. Remember if you have any questions, or just feel like chatting I’m here for you all!!! Take Care!
Until Next Time,
Joey
AIM: HYPORBOY226
Email: Jaworksj@erau.edu
Pictures: www.virb.com/joejaworskiatc

This entry was posted in 2007 – 2008 by Joe. Bookmark the permalink.

About Joe

**Class Year:** Sophomore **Position:** Student Assistant - Embry-Riddle Summer Programs **Hometown:** Buffalo, NY **Summer Activity:** Working Embry-Riddle's Summer Academy - and more! **Why I Chose Embry-Riddle:** I chose Embry Riddle with no second thought in my mind. I knew that I have always wanted to either be a Pilot or an Air Traffic Controller and with time I realized that I am someone who is meant to be in the tower!