June 2, 2008

Hello again, I hope everyone has had a good summer so far, I know I have!  Well, my second week at Continental started off with a bang.  Monday we had a Corporate Orientation for all of the interns at Continental Airlines.  We went to a big conference room with the interns from the flight, marketing, and engineering departments.   It was fun to finally meet all of the interns that will be working with us this summer.  During the course of the day, we learned everything we ever wanted to know about Continental: the history, how they operate, the aircraft they fly, etc.  Then we proceeded to the Presidential Office luncheon.  It was amazing to see where the executive board of Continental works.   We all had gourmet food for lunch while different Continental managers introduced themselves to us.  The most shocking moment of the day was when the President of Continental came over and chatted with us.  It was very impressive how friendly the second in command was to the interns.  Finally, the CEO of Continental came out and introduced himself and thanked us for making Continental a part of our lives.  After his speech he was kind enough to take a picture with all of the interns.  This was a great jumpstart to the second week, but the best is yet to come.

After Corporate Orientation, the week continued as normal.  My partner and I performed our normal duties as interns, continuously perfecting our skills and learning new strategies to improve efficiency and accuracy.  After a productive week at work, it was time to figure our where we were going to go for the weekend.  I didn’t think we could top Costa Rica, but boy, was I wrong.  We all decided to hop on a late night flight to London on Friday.  We flew on a Boeing 777, possible the greatest plane ever made, and arrived in London 10 hrs later.  On Saturday we checked into our hotel, and walked around to get a feel for London.  On Sunday, we saw all of the sights, including Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, and Piccadilly Circus.  It was awesome being half way across the world for a weekend.  Everyone there was so friendly and we saw lots of history.  After the sights, we went dancing Sunday night and grabbed the early flight out of there on Memorial Day.  It was a weekend full of culture and adventure.  I can’t wait to go back!

I returned to work on Tuesday, where Matt and I ran the show.  My boss was out of town for a safety conference in San Diego.  It was pretty neat running the safety department of the worlds 4th largest airline.  We worked hard all week, and I decided to stay in the states for the weekend.  I went to North Carolina and saw one of my really great friends.  It was a great relaxing weekend full of fun.  As I start my 4th week at Continental, I can’t believe the time has gone by so fast.  I want to be stuck in slow motion so it will never end.  The next few weeks are going to be full of excitement.  Soon, we are going to start our tours of the control tower, maintenance facility, and the FAA facility in Oklahoma.  There are plenty of adventures to come, but until then, it ‘ s time for bed.

This entry was posted in 2013 - 2014 by allen624. Bookmark the permalink.

About allen624

**Minor:** Aviation Weather **Age:** 21 **Hometown:** Dallas, TX **Career Goals:** To become a captain for a major airline. **Activities:** Part time flight instructor at Embry-Riddle Team Safety Leader **Why I chose Embry-Riddle:** I wanted to go to a school that would train me to be the best and safest pilot I could be. The discipline and professionalism Embry-Riddle provides for their students has allowed me to achieve this goal.