April 19, 2009

Hello everyone! I’m on the final stretch of my college career. Two weeks and I will officially be a college graduate. Real world here I come!

The last two weeks have been extremely hectic. I had four tests last week; however, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Today I had my first simulator for the CRJ course. It was so much fun! My simulator partner and I put together everything we learned in the CRJ ground school and used it to fly the simulator with perfection. It was amazing to see how all of the studying pays off. Flying this 50 passenger jet isn’t much different than flying a smaller propeller driven aircraft. The only difference is that there are more switches and it goes A LOT faster! What I am trying to say is if you study and know the aircraft inside and out, you can fly anything. From a piper cub to a Boeing 777, they all fly on the same principle. Pull back on the yoke and the ground gets smaller, push forward on the yoke and the ground gets bigger.

Other than the simulator course, I’m pretty much just winding down for the semester. My classes are coming to a close and I’m beginning to pack for home. I have a job interview at a local flight school when I return to Dallas, Texas for the summer. I can’t wait!

This entry was posted in 2008 – 2009 by allen624. Bookmark the permalink.

About allen624

**Minor:** Aviation Weather **Age:** 21 **Hometown:** Dallas, TX **Career Goals:** To become a captain for a major airline. **Activities:** Part time flight instructor at Embry-Riddle Team Safety Leader **Why I chose Embry-Riddle:** I wanted to go to a school that would train me to be the best and safest pilot I could be. The discipline and professionalism Embry-Riddle provides for their students has allowed me to achieve this goal.