June 28, 2010

Hello everyone, and welcome back. This journal entry, I am going to tell you right off the bat, is not going to be that great L. Last week was finals week, and as you may suspect, much of my time was spent studying. Thankfully I did great and I’m on to the next thing.

As I may or may not have stated in my last journal entry, June 18th was my last day at DEA, again a sad moment, but there is an upside to this all. Friday June 18 was a long day at DEA, and since I did not get back to the office until later I was unable to return my access badge. I returned, after class, on Monday June 21 to turn in my badge and got the great news, that DEA wants to have me back as an intern in the fall (woohoo)! I am very happy, as I suspect that I made a good enough impression on someone there to have them ask me to come back. Although I would be lying if I said that Monday was a complete surprise to me, as I had been working with a few people at DEA getting all my new paperwork in previously. As I have mentioned before, paperwork has become a large part of my life and I suspect it will be at least until I retire.

Aside from finals, much of my time has been spent getting ready for my trip home… ok, let me be honest. I am one of those people who packs the day, hour, minute before. It may be crazy for some people to think, but I can be ready for a month long adventure in just an hour. There was one exception though, when I went to Costa Rica on a cruise for a week and only brought 3 t-shirts (oops)! In addition to my mental preparation for home, I have been busy helping my girlfriend move into her new apartment. I think everyone can be in agreement when I say “everyone hates moving.” Although it took us 6 hours and many trips with my SUV, we did it. I sure do have compassion for people who move out of the dorms every year. Moving my girlfriend’s things really made me thankful I have one more year in my apartment!

In addition to my finals last week, we also had some great waves for June in Florida. Again, I wasn’t completely honest when I said that all I did was study, I did do a little surfing. I couldn’t resist, the waves were calling my name. The beach is a great place to relax and socialize and there is nothing cooler than driving your car on the beach. The other night my girlfriend and I visited the inlet and snapped a quick picture of the lighthouse at sunset. I have yet to actually go in the lighthouse, but it is on my to-do list. Another cool attraction at the inlet is the sea turtle refuge. In addition to turtles, the refuge also houses birds and fish. The last time I was there they had two bald eagles.

Well I better start packing, just kidding. I will talk to you all in two weeks!!!

P.S. I love taking pictures of storms etc. so I have included some pictures I took with my phone, thought some of the meteorology people might like them!

This entry was posted in 2013 - 2014 by Michael. Bookmark the permalink.

About Michael

**Minor:** Business, International Relations, Industrial Safety **Career Goals:** Law Enforcement **Why I chose Embry-Riddle:** Location, Teacher/Student Ratio, Size, Major