October 14, 2010

On Saturday, Oct. 9, 2010 a few friends and I from the school went to the Wings and Waves Air show, an experience that everyone should partake in. The beachside was packed with locals and tourists alike with everyone’s eyes were glued to the sky anticipating the arrival of planes and the different acts they would perform. From: F-22 demonstrations, Skytypers (Gieco), P-51 Mustang, F-22 Raptor and the F-16 Viper (Heritage flight), and even the Snowbirds from Canada. The show in its entirety was nothing short of exciting and intriguing.

I left with a sense of wonder and curiosity about this flight that captivated the pilots at my school. I loved watching the Heritage flight that showed the history (briefly) of fighter planes in the USAF (United States Air Force). So many of the performances were directly dedicated to the military services (current, past, and future even) and the family members of them as well. It meant a lot hearing and seeing the dedications considering I have a brother currently serving in the USN (United States Navy). Being in the show put a lot of things into perspective for me though and it made me have a new sense of pride in the country I was born and raised in for all of my life. I knew that there was a big world out there that I still wanted and had yet to see but I also knew that I wanted to defend my country and the beautiful freedom we have here. Wings and Waves show, which previously was a semi-annual tradition, will hopefully continue on for many more years to come (they just began the program again this year). I can’t wait to experience my next show and maybe this next time I can be up high shooting pictures of the flyers. Or maybe, just maybe I’d be active in a branch of the military. Like many things in life, I assume, I’d just have to wait and see for myself what would the future bring out into the open.

This entry was posted in 2010 – 2011 and tagged by Hannah. Bookmark the permalink.

About Hannah

**Minor:** Psychology **Career Goals:** I want to start a magazine and photography company but I'm still looking into career goals. **Why I chose Embry-Riddle:** I chose ERAU because I fell in love with the campus and the atmosphere. I didn't feel like just another number here and the relationships with faculty and staff were genuinely one-on-one. Anytime I'd meet students they were always warm and inviting. In a way I feel I didn't choose Embry-Riddle but it chose me.