August 14, 2011

Hey everybody! I hope all is well with you. I am doing great here enjoying the last few weeks of summer. It’s hard to believe that the summer is winding to a close. The incoming freshmen are just a few days away from starting their Embry-Riddle adventures, and I have about 2 weeks until I return to Daytona Beach. It is an exciting time of year for sure and definitely nerve-wracking for many new freshmen. If you are about to start at Riddle, I highly recommend you join the Facebook page for the class if you have not done so already. Almost ¾ of your class is on there and it is a great way to ask questions and get to know each other.

Every step of the way during this process, there are people around to help you. From physically moving into your dorm to getting to know your way around campus, people are looking to help. Don’t be afraid to ask upperclassmen for anything you might need. Embry-Riddle is a close community and everyone wants everyone else to feel as comfortable as possible.

Anyways, not too much new is going on with me. As you can probably tell, I spend most of my time home during the summer working at the airport. I always have a great time doing this though and have a lot of friends here at the airport. Recently, the entire airfield was repainted which took almost 4 days to complete. I always find it amazing how accurate the painting equipment is and how easily the painters can accurately paint even the smallest of lines. Now that this project is complete, much of it won’t have to be repainted again for several years.

Other than work, I flew the other day with a friend of mine from Embry-Riddle who lives in the area. We wanted to just fly to a destination for lunch and opted for a quick flight to Block Island. We took the only G1000 equipped Cessna in the state (the same type of aircraft that Embry-Riddle flies) and had a great time. It will be nice to head back to Florida though and start flying down there again. We always find good trips to go on over the weekends and I would suggest that you all take advantage of that freedom to fly with friends while you are at school. You can create some great memories this way.

Well, believe it or not, this is my last journal entry for you guys. I have truly enjoyed sharing my experiences with you over this past year and I really hope you will continue to e-mail me with any questions that you guys may have over the course of the year or anytime, really.

I wish you all the very best of luck in your future endeavors and I look forward to seeing you at school.

Take care.
Pete Greco
grecoj1@my.erau.edu

This entry was posted in 2013 - 2014 by Pete. Bookmark the permalink.

About Pete

**Concentration:** Air Transport Concentration **Minor:** Flight **Career Goals:** To work in Airport Operations at a major airport, or become a commerical airline pilot. **Why I chose Embry-Riddle:** Location, Name Recognition, Academic Program Quality.