May, 2012

Hello to all my readers out there on the World Wide Web. You might have seen my journals from freshman year or last summer as a Flight Operations Intern at Continental Airlines (now known as United Airlines). Well this summer I will be writing to you about my experiences as Flight Department Intern at Ameriflight, LLC.

With the conclusion of the spring semester here in Daytona Beach, I have completed three years of undergraduate study in the Aeronautical Science degree program. I have just completed the certification process for the title of Airplane Single-Engine Flight Instructor. I also obtained my highest GPA yet, thus earning the merit of Dean’s List for the semester.

I’m currently on the road to California to begin my summer internship in Burbank (KBUR). I’m making the trip across the country with my Dad, who took the week off of work to share the driving workload with me. We’ve left behind the following states already: Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, and part of Arizona.

For night one we stopped in Biloxi, Mississippi for some delicious gulf seafood and rest of course. Our second night was spend in Houston, Texas where I got to stay with family and say hello to my former colleagues at the Continental Airlines Pilot Training Center at Houston-George Bush Intercontinental Airport (KIAH). Night three was spent in Fort Stockton, Texas (with a slight detour in San Antonio to see the Alamo), as it is a massive state to try to drive through in one day. Night four was spent in Tucson, Arizona where we enjoyed slow cooked barbeque and the grand desert landscape. Leaving Tucson, there was a nearby aircraft bone-yard I got to see from the highway, which was pretty cool. We are almost to the California state boarder and will arrive in Los Angeles this evening.

I will return to tell you all about my first few weeks at Ameriflight. I’m told my first week will consist of Basic Indoctrination class with other new-hire pilots. I’m very excited and looking forward to expanding my horizons into the Part 135 cargo world.

Over and out.

This entry was posted in 2013 - 2014 by Alan. Bookmark the permalink.

About Alan

**Minors:** Business Administration and Air Traffic Control **Hometown:** Greater New York City Area, NY **Career Goals:** To fly airplanes and prepare myself for an airline career. **Why I chose Embry-Riddle:** The amount of opportunities available to students and the quality of instruction provided. **Activities:** Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity, Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society, Orientation Team, Student Alumni Association, Flight Professional Conduct Board, Airline Career Education Club, The Avion Newspaper