Mission Accomplished!!!

So two days ago, SOKS was notified that Cessna would only be able to airlift 14 athletes to New Jersey for the USA Games. This left 17 other athletes without transportation. As we all know, plane tickets are crazy expensive, especially with the USA Games only two weeks away. Immediately, the whole office was in a frenzy, but we focused on the bigger picture – getting our athletes to USA Games.

This is the message we posted on SOKS Facebook page, that reached 5,536 people:

“Help our athletes and their bags get to USA Special Olympics Games June 14-21 in Princeton NJ. Originally scheduled for Cessna airlift, SOKS was notified just this morning that half the seats will not be available. We are having to purchase 17 commercial tickets to get our delegates to the games. These games are held every 4 years and are once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Can you help? Please click on the link and make your tax deductible contribution of any amount. Then, PLEASE consider sharing this on your FB page to help us spread the word. We know we can do this! Thanks…..”

1486796_10152881419132923_5983268993546110903_n

By close of business on Wednesday, we raised $250. Through social media, myself and other employees of SOKS, helped raise $10,000 in 48 hours, as of 9 a.m. central time.We told our friends, we posted and shared on Facebook, and we reached out goal! Now all 31 Team Kansas athletes will be able to attend the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to compete in the USA Games. What an exciting time to be a part of such a fantastic company!

#GoTeamKansas #USAGames #SOKS

This entry was posted in 2013 - 2014 by Andreia. Bookmark the permalink.

About Andreia

**Minor:** Air Traffic Control, Applied Meteorology **Hometown:** Kansas City, KS **Career Goals:** To work for NASA, hopefully as an astronaut. **Why I chose Embry-Riddle:** I had the opportunity to choose any school in the country to attend for free and I chose ERAU because I wanted to follow a different path than my family did. I also chose ERAU because it was a little too late to be a pageant queen. **Internship:** Special Olympics **Activities:** Eaglecast Weather Club, Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority, Air Traffic Control Organization