KC Torch Run & Summer Games

All of the work I’ve done up to now has finally payed off. This weekend, the Special Olympic Summer Games is going on in Wichita, Kansas at Cessna Stadium. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to attend the opening ceremonies, but I’m still getting a lot of enjoyment from all the photos taken prior to. All this weekend, residents of the five different regions have carried their torches to the next region, ultimately arriving at Wichita for the Summer Games to commence.

For me, the highlight of all this is seeing the athlete profiles I wrote on the Hall of Fame inductees inside the actual program that EVERYONE received! Of course I had to get a copy of it for myself to keep, but that is freakin’ awesome!!!!

I just wish I would’ve gotten to see the opening ceremonies for myself, but I’m sure it was a great time.

You can also check out what’s going on via Facebook: @Special Olympics Kansas!

Local residents of Lansing, KS running the torch throughout the city.

CEO Chris Hahn (center) with an SO athlete and donor.

KC Torch Run. Olathe, KS was the first city this year to start the torch run.

This entry was posted in 2013 - 2014 by Andreia. Bookmark the permalink.

About Andreia

**Minor:** Air Traffic Control, Applied Meteorology **Hometown:** Kansas City, KS **Career Goals:** To work for NASA, hopefully as an astronaut. **Why I chose Embry-Riddle:** I had the opportunity to choose any school in the country to attend for free and I chose ERAU because I wanted to follow a different path than my family did. I also chose ERAU because it was a little too late to be a pageant queen. **Internship:** Special Olympics **Activities:** Eaglecast Weather Club, Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority, Air Traffic Control Organization