Space and more Space!

Happy Wednesday everyone! It is the middle of the week and we have almost made it through! Well, with Wednesday practically over, two more days to go! As I mentioned in my last post, it has been a crazy day today! With class from 8:00a-12:00p, working lunch from 12:00p-12:30p, pre-interview prep 12:30p-2:00p and interviews from 2:00p-5:00p, pre-meeting prep from 5:00p-6:00p AND finally the meeting from 6:00p-7:00p, it has been non-stop!

Classes went really well today. Especially my humanities class. The theme for HU145 in my class, in particular, is music. Mostly jazz and blues but it is still music! One of my fellow classmates plays a bunch of different instruments and we had the honor of listening to him play two pieces: a famous ragtime piece and the classic “In The Mood” jazz piece. As a person coming from a musical background, I do in fact love the class; it was a treat hearing someone play an instrument who has a passion and dedication to music.

Interviews for the Society 4 S.P.A.C.E. officers went great as well! 8 interviewees total and myself, along with the vice president, decided on the new board of officers right as the interviews ended! I am really looking forward to starting this semester with a new board. The meeting was also a huge success. We spoke about all the research that we are going to be conducting. Some include aeroponics, drones, solar system, propulsion and much more. This semester is going to be greater than ever!

On top of the space from school, I recently got more information about the NASA Solar System Ambassador position. I have to complete Orientation and Ethics training, which I will be doing tomorrow and then I can finally plan my speeches! I am so excited!

Another treat, on Friday, after classes of course, I get to take my second solo trip down to Kennedy Space Center for a couple reasons. One, my old fifth grade PE/Drama teacher is bringing a group of his school kids up so I will get to see him in the first time in 4-5 years! Plus I get to talk to his kids a little about NASA and KSC. Secondly, I have a meeting with the VP of New Business Development, or as she likes me to call her my abuela. I will have the chance to talk to her about the NASA SSA position as well as a NASA trip for the Society 4 S.P.A.C.E group.

A lot of space stuff is happening in my life and I am super excited! I’ll be sure to keep you updated! Have a great rest of the week!