Hello again readers!
It’s been a busy few weeks preparing for the career expo and continuing with my school work and preparations for competition!
I just have a few reminders for those of you who are interested in getting a heads up for the career expo:
– Make sure you know who you want to speak with! There’s nothing more embarrassing than wandering around like a lost soul through the chaos of looking for a job at the event.
– Make sure your resume and cover letter are on resume paper! A lot of companies actually pay attention to the little details, like that, and that can put you above other people
– Dress up – even if you feel weird. Look professional and prepared.
– Know your elevator speech. Have a brief speech (30 seconds) that explain who you are and what you do and what your plans are
– Don’t be shy – if you are, just push outside of your comfort zone. Approach people and be excited about the company. Be open to others and ask questions. All of the people you speak with with a company have all been in your shoes before. They understand how stressful it is! Just relax and be yourself.
– Be excited! Get excited about each of the companies you speak with. Even those you don’t plan on speaking with! You want to be excited about what you do and completing your goals. Show off who you are and the companies will love that. Be different and unique.
– Don’t be afraid to go see other companies and ask if they might have a job position in your field. You never know which companies may surprise you!
That’s it for now! Until next time and best of luck!