Spring Break

Just two weeks ago, my Spring Break started, and it could not have arrived any sooner. It was very nice to just take the week for some R&R with some of my friends that came to Daytona Beach for the break.

Campus during Spring Break is very quiet, and a lot of the places to eat on campus are closed or have very odd hours. However, Daytona Beach is not a bad place to spend Spring Break, especially if one is just looking to lay out on the beach for a few hours every day.

This year, Daytona was quite busy during our break; there were thousands of college kids in town for their break as well as thousands of bikers in town since it was Bike Week. It was definitely busy on the beach side to say the least. thumbnail_IMG_3613

I escaped Daytona for a few days with one of the program managers in the Career Services Office to make a few site visits in Atlanta with Delta Air Lines and Expressjet. It was really neat traveling with the program manager and participating in the meetings with the different people discussing a wide variety of topics from education to recruiting. Plus, It was very nice to be back at the Delta headquarters and spend some time with the folks I worked with over the summer. I am so excited to return to Network Planning in just over a month for the summer!

My friends and I also spent some thumbnail_IMG_3718time at Epcot over the break; one benefit of being a student at ERAU is that we can buy discounted park tickets to the different Disney parks from our athletics department, and it can save a lot of money! There are some blackout dates, but it is a perk that is totally worth taking advantage of while at ERAU.

Well, time to get back to work…just five weeks of the semester left!

Jack

This entry was posted in 2016 - 2017 by Jack. Bookmark the permalink.

About Jack

**Campus Involvement:** College of Business Student Advisory Board, Career Services Student Assistant, Career Services Student Ambassador, American Association of Airport Executives club member, and National Business Aviation Association club.