Rest & Recharging

Happy December everyone! I am currently blogging from Norfolk, VA where I will be spending most of my winter break-post finals, before the spring semester starts. Since spring break is currently canceled for the Spring 2021 semester, its an ideal time to rest and recharge for the next month before classes start up again because once they start, they go until May!

Rest looks different for everyone, but for me it involves a lot of downtime, leisurely working out, yoga, sleeping, petting and playing with pups, listening to quality music, and eating good food. My ideal day includes waking up with coffee, yoga, and a workout, and going from there with some movies in the afternoon like The Grinch, or a Harry Potter movie marathon.

Socially distanced fun I’m planning on partaking in over the break:

An outdoor market hosted by a local coffee shop that has craft vendors, live music, and vegan food trucks.

A sun catcher making class!

Hot yoga classes via Groupon deals at a local yoga studio.

Drive through Holiday lights! My area offers them at the local Botanical Gardens and on the Boardwalk at the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach.

I’ve already checked looking at the lights with the family off my list so far!
View from across the water driving up to see the lights!

Visiting an outdoor ice skating rink!

Going on plenty of bundled up walks around the neighborhood and at the beach.

Doing most of my holiday shopping online!

Naps!

Making Christmas cookies!

Watching holiday themed bake-off shows on Netflix

Lighting winter edition cozy scented candles around the house

I hope you get the time to relax over the break too, whether that’s reading, playing board games, hiking, spending time with people you love, or doing nothing or something completely different. I know I will certainly be enjoying no homework and less stress from the lack of quizzes, tests, and projects. Will report back soon folks, rest up and keep on keeping on!

This entry was posted in 2021-2022 by Merrick. Bookmark the permalink.

About Merrick

Minor: Arabic Year: Junior Hometown: Norfolk, Virginia Campus Involvement: AFROTC, Honors Program, Women in Aviation, O-Team, Resident Advisor Why I chose Embry-Riddle: I chose Embry-Riddle for the passionate and studious campus atmosphere. Everyone seemed so motivated and friendly! I immediately wanted to contribute to that positive environment.