So Many Adventures…..

A lot outside of school has happened in the past week or so! Here is a little bit of documentation:

The solar eclipse happened! Please enjoy my not-so-great picture of it through a telescope on the 5th floor of COAS. Even though we weren’t in the path of totality, it was an amazing experience. Maybe it was simply because we are at a school where nearly everyone is invested in events like this, but the whole world around me seemed to stop. I was at work in the Office of Undergraduate Research when everyone started to make their way outside and use the eclipse glasses that were being handed out.
As Graduate Assistant for the Office of Undergraduate Research, I helped with Discovery Day! This was a huge (over 800 attendees) research symposium day where students from the entire school could present their findings through poster sessions while winning awards and grants! I also personally received my Research Scholar award that day at the awards ceremony.
We attended ERAU’s Casino Night! This was really fun. Big thanks to Touch-N-Go for organizing the free pizza, blackjack tables, raffles, and more!
This entry was posted in 2023 - 2024 by Isabella. Bookmark the permalink.

About Isabella

Hometown: St. Augustine, FL Campus Involvement: Society of Women Engineers (SWE), Project Manager/VP of Women's Baja SAE Team, FAA-related Research Job, College of Arts & Sciences Student Council Chair of Engineering Physics Why I chose Embry-Riddle: There are two big things that really pushed me to apply/attend to ERAU. One was the tremendous amount of hands-on experience that I could get just by asking to be a part of projects, teams, and research. The other was the numerous program-specific, non-gen-ed classes that started as early as freshman and sophomore year which made me excited to learn and apply concepts as soon as possible.