June 8, 2006

It has been a while since my last entry! I have been sooo busy here in Houston. Busy enough in fact that I couldn’t even travel last weekend. Today I just took my checkride in the MD-80 simulator here at Continental. I passed and am now a MD-80 captain (I wish) but I did pass and my instructor commended my crew partner and me on what a great job we did. He asked if we had flown the MD-80 before and I said no, but Embry-Riddle does prepare you to fly just about anything.

Tomorrow is our LOFT flight which stands for Line Oriented Flight Training. We will be flying a flight from Houston to Austin and then coming back to Houston to see what pilots experience on a daily basis. So far in the simulator we have been dealing with emergencies, engine failures, and the like so it will be nice for a change to just fly and enjoy it. The best part about the whole sim training is that Continental uses the MD-80 for interview flights. Maybe if I am lucky they will still have it here when I interview in a few years and I will still remember the systems and flows which will make the interview flight that much easier.

Our instructor has been a huge help to us. He is a 737 instructor and really knows his stuff. Everyone here has been so nice to us. They see that we are interns and ask how things are going, where we are from, and then give us their business card and say if there is anything you need just give me a call. It really is a family here and I can’t wait to be a part of it.

This entry was posted in 2013 - 2014 by Lyle. Bookmark the permalink.

About Lyle

**Minor:** Safety **Class Year:** Senior **Company:** Continental Airlines **Position:** Flight safety intern **Hometown:** White Plains, Maryland **Career goal:** To be a pilot