October 16, 2006

Moving Right Along

I realized that it’s been a while since I last wrote a journal, so I have a lot to talk about:

I took a trip back to Virginia to attend a wedding. It was kind of weird to go home, everything was the same, and yet different. I sort of felt like a stranger, probably because I was running around visiting the whole time, and didn’t get much of a chance to relax in my old environment. The foreigner feeling wore off just in time for me to leave and come back to Daytona.

I have a credit card, Credit cards are really very useful if you use them appropriately. But one of the best ways to use it appropriately is to barely use it, and since I don’t have much money anyway, it’s not too difficult to keep up with a credit card. Unless you use Esurance.

Do not use Esurance to insure your vehicle whether or not you are going to Riddle. They doubled my payment without telling me. Do not trust them.

A few weeks ago I experienced my first helicopter ride at Epic Aviation at the New Smyrna airport, I have a new obsession. And if I wasn’t so broke I would learn to fly helicopters in a heartbeat. But I am broke, so there goes that idea out the window. Perhaps it should be a life goal? Maybe. I’ll think about it.

Rush happened in a rush. I kind of wanted to participate in some rush activities, but I rarely knew when they were happening, and I don’t think I had time to do them anyway. My suitemates are pledging two different sororities, and they are thoroughly enjoying the experience so far.

I have to admit that I’ve done some partying (UH OH). I confess. And it was fun. And I’m not going to do it again for a while.

The last week has been really REALLY stressful. Lots of stuff has been happening, I had a test, a speech (on the Rubik’s cube), a project, and all of my normal homework and duties still piled on as well. My boyfriend is visiting this weekend, so I’ve been trying to plan out some stuff for us to do. Furthermore, I have another test on Monday, and a term-project outline due as well. The good news is although I’m busy and a little stressed, I’m coping with it well. I got a 95 on my last Aero Safety test (which is SOOO much better than the grade I got on the one before), and my speech went well.

And now a post about grades from my other online journal: