September 25

Hey Everyone, since this is my first blog post I thought I should formally introduce myself, at least as best as you can by way of the computer, but I’m Joe and I will be here all year for you to come and read about what college life is like, what it’s like being and Air Traffic major, and to tell you about the great things that happen here at Embry Riddle! I hope you enjoy reading these and it brings insight as to why ERAU is such a prestigious University! LET US BEGIN!

Once upon a time…. JUST KIDDING!

Orientation:
Let me just say that the orientation process was CRAZY! They throw 590437759834985 different things at you and think that your going to remember it all, and do you? No! It’s a great way to get to know the University a little bit better, and it gives you a chance to understand more about your major, meet some professors, and developing friendships that are sure to last a lifetime! My orientation was spent figuring out why my financial aide was not going through ( I suggest you figure that out B4 you come here LOL) but it was eventually settled and took a load off my shoulders!

Housing:
I came to check in to O’Conner Hall which is a hall for many of the transfer students. Throughout the weekend before classes, I got to know a lot of my suitemates and I knew from day one that they all were going to be great!!! When I checked in, I was not supposed to have a roomate, however, I did get one and I’m very happy that he was a nice guy. He’s from Kenya, Africa, and I don’t know aboout you all, but I thought it was awesome to get to room with an international student. He told me a lot about his life and how he just felt so blessed to be in America, since that is everyone’s dream back where he is from! I thought that was super cool! Anywho, the housing situation was perfect and it made for an easy transition after my parent left to go back home!

Registration:
OH MY GOSH!!!!! That was the craziest thing I have ever gone through in my entire life! BUT don’t worry! For Freshman, your schedules are pre-made for you so you don’t have to go through any of that hassle! For transfer students however, it was insane. They had classes that didn’t match course numbers, they were trying to sign us up for classes we had already taken, and then when it came down to the wire, we were limited with class choices anyways due to the fact that we were the last to register! It was crazy, but as I said, unless you’re a transfer student you have nothing to worry about!

First Week of Classes:
Contrary to the fact that registration was so bad, MY CLASSES ARE AWESOME!!!!
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
8:00-9:00 – AT302 w/ Mr. Coyne, 9:15-10:15- MA006 w/ Debbie Edwards,10:30-11:30- PSY101 w/ Jessica Cruit
Tuesday, Thursday: 8:15-9:30 BA201 w/ Tamilla Curtis, 9:30-11:00 WX201 w/ Chris Herbster

I’m so happy with all of my classes and all of my teachers are great!!!!! We did get quite a bit of Homework for the first week of class but, WELCOME TO COLLEGE!!!! It’s really not that bad!

So I think that will be all for this time around! Make sure you check out pictures of my room and stuff like that, and if you want pictures of any part of the campus just to know what it is like, let me know and I’d love to take them for you!

If you ever need to get ahold of me, my door is always open (not literally, I do close the dorm room door!) but do not hesitate to email!

Until Next Time!

Joe Jaworski
Jaworksj@erau.edu

This entry was posted in 2007 – 2008 by Joe. Bookmark the permalink.

About Joe

**Class Year:** Sophomore **Position:** Student Assistant - Embry-Riddle Summer Programs **Hometown:** Buffalo, NY **Summer Activity:** Working Embry-Riddle's Summer Academy - and more! **Why I Chose Embry-Riddle:** I chose Embry Riddle with no second thought in my mind. I knew that I have always wanted to either be a Pilot or an Air Traffic Controller and with time I realized that I am someone who is meant to be in the tower!