October 22

Hello Everyone,
Well, I must say that I have appreciated all of your compliments through email and AIM, you guys make it worth my time to write and I thank you all for reading my blogs. SO ANYWAYS, this month has been so awesome in so many ways. It has been going by so fast, I can’t believe we are already past midterms and that we are now in the second half of our first semester. I have done so much and I have gone through so much in such little time. I have grown as a person, through leaving my family, starting this school, meting new friends, and just being involved on campus. It’s been such a great experience. So there is my little preach before I tell you about all my excitement this month.

I’ll start with school first. School has been getting intensely difficult, it’s been highly stressful, but all at the same time I feel like I’m actually being challenged and I love it. I have not been doing good in my Business class, just for the simple fact that I don’t care about that class. That’s really bad to say, and I hope it doesn’t happen to any of you, but I just don’t understand what the teacher says half of the time, I don’t understand the class, it’s so early in the morning, and I really believe that it’s just not my strong suit. I really am enjoying all of my classes though. I will tell you all one thing though, this school is not for slackers, if you think you can get by like you did in high school and not do homework, and study maybe for an hour before an exam, then you are sadly mistaken. My example, I studied for 8 hours for my exam and I only made a 73 on it. This is not cake work and you’re not just going to skim by on going to class and getting extra credit. This is YOUR future and you’re going to have to work for it. In this industry, they don’t hire you by if you went to class or if you did extra credit to raise your GPA, you’re judged on everything you do. Please, keep that in the back of your mind!

So onto some fun things that I have done – Kennedy Space Center: This was by far one of the greatest things that I have done. I absolutely loved it there. We got to see the Space Shuttle Discovery on the launch pad getting ready for its launch, and we got to see the part of the International Space Station that is going up in a month and a half. The history behind space flight was just so intriguing and to see how far space flight has come was just amazing. We got to go on the new Shuttle Launch Experience, and that was just the craziest thing ever, it was so much fun. If you go onto my blog site, you will see pictures from the trip and I hope you all enjoy them.

Some other things that I have done recently – I went to Universal Studios for my first time ever for Halloween Horror Nights. That was so much fun, too. We did The Mummy ride, Earthquake, Men In Black, and a Haunted House. It was just for a few hours so we actually go to do a lot more then we thought, and it was A LOT of fun!!! This trip was with ERRSA, and I have to say that ERRSA has been the best thing that has happened to me since I have been at ERAU. The President of ERRSA has become someone that I can look up to as a mentor and that in the little time that I have known her, I could trust her with my life. She really is an inspiration to everyone who meets her, and she has given me so much already that I can’t wait to see what else she can teach me, and where she can lead me. Some of the greatest people run ERRSA, Puga (VP) Dave  (Treasurer) CJ (PCC) Erik (Riddle Vision Coordinator) Pulkeshin (CCC) and Dustin (NCC) they are some amazing people and I have also grown to respect them and I am now close with a lot of them. I hope that they will become some of my closest friends. I really don’t know what I would do without this organization. I plan to run for the Governor of my Residence Hall and, by doing that, I hope I can gain leadership skills and learn Parliamentary Procedures in order to pursue my interest in ERRSA to an executive board level, so that everything I learn from the Executive Board this year, I can carry with me and do them proud my keeping all they have done alive and keep the organization as strong as they have made it.

So my final piece of news is about me! I am auditioning for the Talent Show. I am auditioning with the AcaFellas and we are going to sing Happy Days (since our homecoming theme is Primetime TV) and I am also auditioning with my friend Kelly to sing All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera, so wish me luck!
Hope all is well with everyone, and keep all your hopes alive, because the dreams that you wish, will come true! (mine have)

Until Next Time,

Joe Jaworski

This entry was posted in 2007 – 2008 by Joe. Bookmark the permalink.

About Joe

**Class Year:** Sophomore **Position:** Student Assistant - Embry-Riddle Summer Programs **Hometown:** Buffalo, NY **Summer Activity:** Working Embry-Riddle's Summer Academy - and more! **Why I Chose Embry-Riddle:** I chose Embry Riddle with no second thought in my mind. I knew that I have always wanted to either be a Pilot or an Air Traffic Controller and with time I realized that I am someone who is meant to be in the tower!