October 25, 2008

Monday the weather was beautiful—it was sunny but the temperature was cool and it had a slight wind that signals fall. I had an Economics test coming up and I planned on studying with my study group again, so hopefully my grade will be as good as last time. My flight played volleyball against another flight on Monday night (there are two sand volleyball courts on campus). We all had some good laughs because a few people had never played before, so they were still trying to figure out the techniques involved. I went to an ERAU basketball game on Tuesday night as one of the people in my flight is on the team. Unfortunately, ERAU lost by several points but there was a guy on the other team that was 7 feet 8 inches tall. I was surprised when he stood up against some of the other players and they only came up to his waist! One time he had the basketball and went to make a basket and it looked like he didn’t even have to jump to get the ball in; just a slight tap. PT on Wednesday was held on the Speedway along with the Army and the Navy. We all ran around the track and I think it was a total of three miles. Then, the Air Force got a picture taken of all of us standing in formation. My favorite part of the run was the end when we stood in formation and recited the Air Force Cadence and the Airmen’s Creed as a wing. Friday after classes some friends of mine and I went to see High School Musical 3. I thought the movie was really good and I enjoyed the music so much that I think I’m going to get the soundtrack. Also, I went to my second hockey game and this time I was able to watch more than two minutes because the ice stayed frozen! On Saturday, I spent most of my day in the library studying and doing homework. This year I have found that I am most productive when I am in the library instead of my room because of all the distractions and the fact that I would rather sleep than do homework. A bonus for studying in the library is that my flight gets so many points for the number of hours we study in the library and every flight is competing against one another. Last week my flight won and we hope to keep winning!

Until next time,
Kaleigh