January 11, 2009

2008 is now gone and 2009 is here! It’s a new year and a new semester. It’s a perfect opportunity to start fresh in the world of academia and learn new things. Christmas break was awesome. Seeing family and friends again was really good. It was cold and it snowed quite a bit but I enjoyed it a whole lot. But as we all know, all good things come to an end, and as soon as January 5th came, I had to come back to Daytona to start the spring semester. This semester feels a lot different than last semester, I know my way around campus, I know people on campus and it’s almost like my second home.

While home, I visited my old high school, hung out with my friends and went to a track meet to watch my old high school’s track team run. I also went shopping a lot! It was a blast being back home. Even though it was just 3 weeks, it seemed a lot longer because I was having so much fun.

I am so pumped for this semester. Now that everyone knows everyone, it makes finding something to do a lot easier. Since I’ve been back we went to a hockey game, basketball game, and watched the Embrear’s that US Airways has brought in to service to Daytona. As for the classes, this semester I have all female professors… woot woot! I feel positive about this semester as my professors are very experienced in their fields of study and have a lot to teach. This semester I am taking:

AS 221-Insrument Pilot Operations
BA 201-Principles of Management
WX 201-Survey of Meteorology
PSY 101-Introduction to Psychology
MA 112-Technical Calculus

I am so excited to take these courses. I am currently taking a break from flying to focus on taking my Private Pilot Written Exam and also to give me some time to straighten out my loans. In the mean time, I am doing some observer flights with my friend Derrick so I can keep up to speed.

So far, I have been focused on getting settled in for this semester. Thanks to all of you guys that emailed me and responded to my posts last semester. I look forward to your emails this semester. And to the rest of you guys, if you have any questions, please free to ask, I will be happy to answer your questions.

Until next time.