February 22, 2009

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful long Presidents’ Day weekend. I sure did! I decided to take advantage of the long weekend and go up to New York City to visit my girlfriend for Valentine’s Day. What a fun and exciting time! I have actually never been to New York before so I really enjoyed myself. We saw the Statue of Liberty, went to the top of the Empire State Building, walked through Central Park, and ate amazing food. It was a well-deserved vacation.

Now that I’m back to the grindstone, classes have been progressing rather smoothly. Last week was pretty calm; however, the upcoming week is gearing right back up again. I have my first US History test on Monday. I’m really curious about how that one will go. I also have a weather project that will be due in a few weeks. The teacher divided us up into groups of eight. Each group will explain the weather phenomenon that occurs in a certain region and how it affects travel. My group gets the opportunity to research and explain the weather in the Middle East. This project should be pretty interesting. I’ll keep everyone updated as my research progresses.

This weekend is Parent’s Weekend in the College of Aviation. During Parent’s Weekend, the students get the opportunity to give their parents a first-hand look at what it’s like to be a student here at Embry-Riddle. The parents get to experience personal tours, attend classes, and even observe flights. It is truly an exciting time, especially for the current freshmen. I even took my student’s little brother and sister flying with us during our training flight yesterday. The look on the little girl’s face as we took off was priceless. Times like these make me realize how lucky I am to have such a rewarding and exciting career.

I hope everyone has a wonderful February, well, what’s left of it at least. I’m off to a flight instructor get together. Remember; don’t hesitate to email me if you have any questions.

Dodd

This entry was posted in 2008 – 2009 by allen624. Bookmark the permalink.

About allen624

**Minor:** Aviation Weather **Age:** 21 **Hometown:** Dallas, TX **Career Goals:** To become a captain for a major airline. **Activities:** Part time flight instructor at Embry-Riddle Team Safety Leader **Why I chose Embry-Riddle:** I wanted to go to a school that would train me to be the best and safest pilot I could be. The discipline and professionalism Embry-Riddle provides for their students has allowed me to achieve this goal.