November 2009

This is the last week of classes for the Fall Semester and I’m hoping to get through it without getting too stressed out.

My parents came to visit me for my birthday and so did my cousins who live an hour south of here. I really had a great time with them and was really excited to show them our campus.

Prior to the break, I applied to become an Orientation Ambassador here at Embry-Riddle. I enjoy sharing experiences with people as you can already tell, in addition I love it here, so why not show it?

The application process was pretty straightforward, but following was a group interview which allowed many of us applicants to express our ability to work with one another. After-which was a individual interview with all of the board members of O-Team, as it’s called. Later that week, I received a phone call telling me that I had been accepted to be a part of the O-Team. It was really great to hear that, especially the day before thanksgiving break.

For thanksgiving break I visited family in Boca Raton and really had a nice time. We had a big dinner as usual, and I got to see friends and family that I haven’t seen in a while. I also got a chance to visit a few friends in the nearby Fort Lauderdale area.

I’m anticipating taking my private pilot check-ride at the end of this week. I feel very prepared for it, just that I need to practice all my maneuvers and study up on special topics such as hypoxia and aviation legislation.

With this busy week ahead of me and all my upcoming exams, I need to make this journal shorter than normal, but will recap more next week in-depth.

Over and Out.

This entry was posted in 2009 – 2010 by Alan. Bookmark the permalink.

About Alan

**Minors:** Business Administration and Air Traffic Control **Hometown:** Greater New York City Area, NY **Career Goals:** To fly airplanes and prepare myself for an airline career. **Why I chose Embry-Riddle:** The amount of opportunities available to students and the quality of instruction provided. **Activities:** Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity, Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society, Orientation Team, Student Alumni Association, Flight Professional Conduct Board, Airline Career Education Club, The Avion Newspaper