December 14, 2009

“Jack Frost nipping at your toes…” I’m back home in Illinois for Christmas break and boy has it been cold here! The temperature has dropped into the negatives if you factor in the wind chill. I’ve been wearing lots of layers—quite a shock to go from warm Florida to below freezing! However, I love being home and am enjoying my time immensely.

My cousins and I went to a museum that was all about Abraham Lincoln last weekend. I learned a lot about Lincoln and found out that as a President the public didn’t like him very much; however, that all changed the minute he died. The museum was pretty elaborate and told the history of Lincoln from the time he was a boy till the time that he died. They had two movies that were interactive and captivated the audience’s attention. Being with my cousins was a lot of fun and I’m glad I was able to be home in time to go see them.

My church had a talent show/concert and my sister sang two songs. A couple of days before the concert my sister suggested that we sing a song together. I’ve never sang in public before but she convinced me that we sounded really good together. Needless to say, I sang “Go Tell It on the Mountain” with her and had a good time.

Well, my finals went well and I think it was a successful semester. My favorite part is the moment when I’ve finished my last final and I can take a deep breath realizing that I’ve made it through another semester. Next semester, I’ll be graduating and I don’t think that it has really sunk in for me, yet. I’m only taking two undergraduate classes next semester and two masters classes. One nice thing about my upcoming schedule is that I have made it so I only have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Four day weekends are going to be nice—except, I have PT on Mondays and Fridays at 7am. Oh well!

Time to stop thinking about school stuff and think about Christmas! I think today I’m going to put some Christmas lights up outside, since we are having a heat wave with the temperature in the 40s!

Until next time,

Kaleigh