January 13, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! A little late, but it’s always the thought that counts. I’m back in Daytona and even though it’s in the low 50s it feels like a heat wave. My plane arrived yesterday afternoon, so I’m still trying to get unpacked and ready for the semester. Today is the first day of classes, but my first class (Aviation Insurance and Law) isn’t until 5:30 p.m.; however, it does last for three hours. I will be sure to let you know all about my first graduate class in my next entry.

Look out grad school because here I come! The GMAT wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be and I didn’t have to stay for four hours. First, you have to write two essays after being given a prompt and that took about an hour. After that I took a break to clear my head and give my eyes a break from staring at a computer. Then, I did the math portion and then the qualitative portion. I think from start to finish it took about three hours. I was so happy when I answered the last question and got to leave! Overall, I did a pretty good job and I’m satisfied with my scores. My application has been submitted and I’m just waiting for my recommendation letters to be turned in, then the application packet will be complete.

Five days before I left home we had a snowstorm; it left about eight inches and thirty-five mile per hour winds that created some big drifts. This picture is of a storm we had just a few days before the big one. Very dreary skies and unbelievably cold! It was too cold to go cross-country skiing, but I did get to shovel our driveway several times. I love watching the snow fall and turn everything white, but I don’t like having to shovel it! I just hope that the Air Force doesn’t station me in North Dakota or South Dakota; if they do I’m definitely investing in a snow blower. Maybe next Christmas I will get to try cross-country skiing again.

One last thing I did over my break was remodel my mom’s bathroom with my aunt. We had a good time! My mom didn’t know that we were going to do it, so she was pleasantly surprised. The bathroom is really small and at some points I thought I was going to end up painting my aunt! After painting the walls, we tackled the floor and laid new tile. I learned all about the placement and cutting of tile, which might come in handy one day. Overall, I think it turned out really well!

Well, off to my first class! I think everything is going to start picking up in the next few weeks but for now I’m relaxing and still in vacation mode. In the next entry, I’ll let you know how this semester’s classes are shaping up.

Until next time,


Comments are closed.