April 2010

Hello everyone! This is my second to last journal for the school year. I’ve received many comments and made many connections while writing to you about my first-year experiences.

I’m happy to say, I’ve successfully completed my instrument training and I am now a Instrument Rated Private Pilot. I started the course in January and with my availability this semester, as well as my instructor’s, I was able to complete 47 flight activities (Flight, Simulator and Ground Lab). I took the Check-Oral exam on Monday (4/19/10) and took the Check-Ride flight on Wednesday (4/21/10). I passed both tests with an FAA Part 142 Examiner. Coincidentally the two examiners were brothers.

Sneak Preview day is coming up this weekend (4/24/10) and I will be there to cover the event for our newspaper, The Avion. If you see me feel, free to stop and chat.

Finals are approaching and the final projects that I discussed last journal have been completed and on both I got an A+.

On campus we had guest speaker Michael Durant. The movie Black Hawk Down is based on his experiences. He spoke as part of Veteran’s Appreciation Day, last Monday.

Most recently, this past weekend (4/17-4/18) was the annual Sun ‘N Fun air show in Lakeland, Florida. On display were static aircraft, which were mostly the same airplanes from the AOPA AirportFest, however there were a few I haven’t seen before. In addition, there were exhibits in the hangers which consisted of representatives from King Schools, Garmin, and Beechcraft. My friends and I stayed overnight in town and returned late Sunday night.

Finals are approaching, and I’m also figuring out how I’m going to finish my Private Multi. Hoping to finish that before I head home.

Over and Out.

This entry was posted in 2009 – 2010 by Alan. Bookmark the permalink.

About Alan

**Minors:** Business Administration and Air Traffic Control **Hometown:** Greater New York City Area, NY **Career Goals:** To fly airplanes and prepare myself for an airline career. **Why I chose Embry-Riddle:** The amount of opportunities available to students and the quality of instruction provided. **Activities:** Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity, Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society, Orientation Team, Student Alumni Association, Flight Professional Conduct Board, Airline Career Education Club, The Avion Newspaper