May 2010

It’s that time of the year, the end of school. I cannot believe how quickly this year went. I feel like it was not too long ago when I first moved in here and now I am already packing. These past few weeks have been very stressful, but also some of the best. While I look forward to going home, I will miss all my friends here at ERAU.

Picking six classes, as my advisor puts it, is “overload.” Throughout the year, tests and assignments were well planned and classes rarely coincided with each other. However, during the past two weeks, everything has coincided. Six classes means six finals. Needless to say, I have spent a majority of my time studying for exams, yet hard work throughout the year takes off some of the pressure. The pool reopened the other day, so I have been able to take breaks and relax for small amounts of time.

Embry-Riddle’s Sneak Peek Campus Preview weekend brought in a fair amount of incoming freshmen. If you went, you might have seen me in the college of business with ERAU’s collegiate entrepreneur’s organization (CEO). Additionally, we were set up alongside the College of Business’s table. Even if you are not majoring in business, picking up a minor in business is a smart move… of course, I might be biased.

I recently discovered that I can double major here without spending extra time here. The major in management parallels the air transportation major very closely, and the only difference between the two is 6 classes or so. I have yet to officially declare it, but I will be reworking my four-year plan this summer and I hope to declare my second major next semester.

Next semester I am signed up for marketing, air transportation principles, financial accounting, quantitative methods II, and business communication. Unlike this past semester, my course-load will be business-based. Aside from the sciences and a few math classes, I have a fair amount of non-business classes / general education courses out of the way.

On Tuesday I will be driving back up to Pennsylvania. It will be sad to leave ERAU, but I will certainly be back for Fall 2010.

I hope everyone has a great summer!
Jonathan