Fall Break

Hello everyone!

I hope you’re well! I hope those who were job hunting or looking to do an internship for next summer were successful during the Expo. I talked to a few companies during my volunteer shifts with Career Services. I did win the Instagram Expo Challenge! My prize was that I could give $100 to any student organization on campus. I gave it to the Women’s Ambassador Program since I am a Coordinator for it, and I really love what we do!

On the 13th through 15th, I traveled to Washington D.C. and Chicago with the Admissions Department at Daytona and Prescott to help promote Embry-Riddle. I represented the Daytona Beach Campus as a Coordinator for the Women’s Ambassador Program. There were two other students as well from the Prescott campus. I got to present myself in front of around 200 people in D.C. and about a 100 in Chicago and share my college experiences. Talking to the parents and the possible future eagles was a great experience! We also got to tour the National Mall and see the National Geographic Museum in D.C.

During my fall break, I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth and 2 of my permanent teeth removed since they grew out of my gums. I still have 5 of my baby teeth, three on top and two on the bottom. I was pretty much loopy the entire day after my surgery, but I am starting to do better.

I hope you all had a great Fall break!

Until next time,

Maryam

This entry was posted in 2017-2018 and tagged , , , by Maryam. Bookmark the permalink.

About Maryam

Internship: ALPA - Brooke Owens Fellowship Program
Major: Spaceflight Operations
Minors: Flight, Aviation Safety, Human Factors
Hometown: Dubai, UAE
Campus Involvement: National Society for Collegiate Scholars, Women's Ambassador Program, Orientation Team, Women in Aviation, International Society of Air Safety Investigators, Spaceflight Sciences Policy and Operations Club, Career Services Student Ambassador
Why I chose Embry-Riddle: Because of my passion for flight and the great networking opportunities Riddle provides!