The Weekend Before Spring Break Weekend

I’m counting down the days until spring break!

March is upon us and that means it’s almost time for spring break! While I have a test this week, I’m really excited for spring break. It’ll be great to have a week for rest and relaxation that I can spend ignoring any homework I do have.

As for what I’m up to here at ERAU? Last Friday, comedian Ryan Kelly came to ERAU for a stand-up comedy show. He’s well known on Instagram and TikTok, and I was excited to go see his show. Apparently he started out as an engineering major, and he had a few jokes about that we could all relate to.

The show was part of the Skyline Social series, which are events on Friday evenings that usually have a different theme. I’ve seen them have trivia, game night, bracelets, and now a comedy show. There’s food and drink available for purchase, but the event itself is free. This event partnered with our entertainment division, Touch-N-Go, to bring Ryan here.

Ryan Kelly at ERAU!

I enjoyed a very restful Saturday doing absolutely nothing productive. I got pizza for lunch and it was super tasty, but other than that, I spent the day relaxing. Even during the school year while not on break I highly suggest taking breaks when you can.

Sunday was my study day. I have a test on Wednesday and started studying for it on Sunday. The test is all memorization since it’s multiple choice, so I’ve started solidifying the content in my mind. I spent most of the afternoon in the Hunt Library before heading over to JCPenney for the Suit Up event.

Once per semester, ERAU’s Career Services partners with JCPenney and allows students to buy professional attire at a discounted price. All student attendees must check in and then they’ll receive their coupons to be presented at the register. I ended up getting two items- a business dress and pair of slacks- for a total under $100, which was a great deal.

I’m sitting back in my apartment writing this blog post while keeping an eye on my cat. I adopted him several months ago and he’s still as adorable as when I got him! He’s also gotten a lot bigger, but he’s still very mischievous. I’m very excited to take him with me when I start my job, but until then, I’ll see you in the next post… and hopefully at Riddle!

This entry was posted in 2023 - 2024 and tagged , , , , by Carly. Bookmark the permalink.

About Carly

Major: Aerospace Engineering
Hometown:Berea, Kentucky
Campus Involvement: Honors Program mentor, Women's Ambassador, Society of Women Engineers, Aerospace Engineering Student Advisory Board
Why I chose Embry-Riddle: I chose Embry-Riddle because I fell in love with the campus the moment I saw it through a plane window. The campus tour was amazing, and the campus seemed like a place I'd want to call home for the next few years.