The third annual Business Aviation Student Association Panel Discussion was held this last week. This event was in collaboration with the Alpha Omicron Alpha Aeronautical Honor Society (AOA), the Business Eagles, and the Travelers Club. This year, the event welcomed eight industry experts of the corporate aviation world. They were there to share their experience with the students. I was the photographer for this event.
The guest speakers included:
- Jim Huntoon – Director of Sales and Strategic Partnerships at Satcom Direct
- Shaesta Waiz – Pilot at Dreams Soar
- Mark Hogan – Test and Evaluation at Boeing
- Luciano Froes – Senior VP Marketing at Embraer Executive Jets
- Tyler Webb – Jet Sales at Jet Effect Inc.
- Robert Freidlander – Jet Sales at Dassault Falcon Jet
- Barbara Lisiewski – President at Best Jet Inc.
- Peter Korns – Project Manager at NBAA
The main purpose of this event was to increase the awareness of the business aviation industry and promote networking opportunities for the people who attended. During the panel discussion, the guests introduced themselves and described their job in the corporate aviation industry. This was followed by a short Q&A session for the audience. After the discussion, the students had the opportunity to talk to the guest speakers and exchange their business cards.
Last Saturday was the annual Preview Day Weekend on campus. The new accepted students were able to spend a day on campus and learn about life as an Eagle. They were able to attend classes on Friday so they could have a glance of what to expect in a classroom. Many of them used this visit on campus to register for classes, tour the residence halls, and get their questions answered. Preview Day is a great opportunity to meet new friends before school actually starts for real. I wish I had attended it back in 2014!
Until next time!
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org