Happy fall! October begins the month of warm drinks and sweaters (yes, even in Florida because the classrooms can be chilly)! October also marks the opening of the new Student Union at the Daytona Beach campus! While I wanted to be one of the first 50 students in to get a Starbucks card or grab some free coffee and Krispy Kreme, I accidentally overslept. Hey hey now, classes at noon make it very hard to get up at 8 am these days.
Here are some pictures of the beauty!
Things I love about the new Student Union:
- It looks amazing and futuristic. I think this is an icon of the university. When I go home and show my friends my school, I will show them pictures of this big beauty.
- There is new food! Qdoba opened up and it is delicious! Chick-Fil-a now how a full menu. And the Starbucks is the prettiest one I have visited (and this says a lot since I’ve visited my fair share).
- The space was made for students. There are so many study spaces, computers, and socializing areas.
- The bookstore – please stop by! It is bigger and better than ever.
- There are areas specifically for space launch and airport viewing. Welcome to Embry-Riddle folks!
- I feel I am off-campus, which can be nice when you live on-campus. It makes me feel like I am at a fancy mall almost.
- There is outdoor space that looks and feels very nice. There are even speakers and lawn chairs out there!
- Event spaces from the future also reside on the first floor. Please excuse me while I try to find a reason to book one of those!
Overall, are we finally getting that big school feeling but our small school feeling? I guess we can have it all!
P.S. Sorry for the picture quality. I will try to find a better way to upload them since they are clear on my phone and computer, just not once uploaded…
Thanks for bearing with me and enjoy!