March 31, 2005

Hello readers, Happy Easter everybody, I’m right in the middle of spring break and the weather hasn’t picked up yet, but I have been told that I do too much complaining in my articles, so I am not going to talk about the bad things. On a brighter note, before my girlfriend went home yesterday we went to St. Augustine for a couple of days, because a few people told us that it was worthwhile going to visit.

The first day we went there was the only good day for the whole two weeks that she was in America. It was lucky, because we had planned on going to the beach, which was a lot nicer and quieter than Daytona Beach. Then we went into the city itself, which feels like a small town somewhere in Europe. Everything is small and quaint and it didn’t feel like anywhere else that I have been in the U.S. (as of yet). It’s hard for me to say that, as it is where Flagler University hales from, but still it was a nice way to end her visit. The two weeks she was here seemed to fly by, just the same as this semester. Not long left now, just finals to get over. For the past two weeks, I’ve been staying at one of the boy’s apartment, which was class (cheers Besty). I’m back in the dorms now, and feeling thoroughly depressed about it. It was great to have a bit of freedom, and a car to drive. I think I will enjoy next semester a lot more, I will be moving into a house or apartment, and I’ll be getting myself a car.

I’ve started making my plans for this summer; Elisabeth and myself are going away to Cuba for three weeks. As much as I love Razzles, bikers with mullets, and pilots, it will be great to get away for awhile and just relax. I heard that it isn’t the safest place for you Americans to travel to. I have a few months of hard labor to do before I can afford this, but it will be worth it when I get to take it easy for a few weeks. I think that I will probably fly straight back here after the holiday. I can’t wait to get home for the summer, all this talk of finals and projects has killed my good form, and now the summer is the only thing that I have to look forward to. Oh, actually I am turning 21 this Thursday, so I have the weekend to look forward to. It should be a mad one.

Anyway that is the extent of my spring break, but hopefully by my next entry I should have a few good stories from my first weekend as a twenty-one year old. Take it easy.

This entry was posted in 2004 – 2005 by Hugh. Bookmark the permalink.

About Hugh

**Age:** 20 **Hometown:** N. Ireland **Favorite Movie:** The Goonies **Favorite Band:** Red Hot Chili Peppers **Career Goal:** Win a national soccer championship and get my degree.