February 9, 2006

Time seems to be flying by this semester and yes, it is early to be saying that. I have all ready had some major tests in my classes and luckily, this semester they don’t all fall in the same week. The next big test I have which I am trying to prepare as best as I can for is my ATC 7110.65 test; all about standard procedures and phraseology controllers use. I think I will do well on it because I remember a lot of the basic lingo that controllers in Newark tower used. Some word of advice for those of you who will be taking AT 305 is to get your lab hours done as soon as possible. I finished mine ahead of time but when I walked by the radar simulator room today there was a line of people waiting to get in because they waited until last minute. You see, the first day of class the professor gives a deadline date which you must have all of your practice lab hours done by in order to move on in the class. The deadline this semester is February 10th so a lot of people are scrambling to make up the time; it feels good though not to worry about waiting in lines now that I am done. Just keep this advice in mind when you take this class. I can’t wait until next week when we are actually going to use the labs as part of our classroom time rather then sitting through lecture. I am overall doing well this semester academically, so I am content with that area of my college career.

My Fraternity is also doing really well. We have a bunch of new Pledges who are pretty cool guys and I look forward to getting to know them better. It feels so good though being on the other side of things as a Brother. I just found out that my other college I transferred from is starting a new Sigma Pi colony there so it will be good to visit them when I see my old college friends back in Pennsylvania.

The Daytona 500 and speed week are just around the corner and things are getting crazy here once again. I drove past the race track yesterday and there were nice racing trailers all over as well as huge tents being set up and porta-potties everywhere. Every street corner and median has those bright light generators you often see in construction. I can not even anticipate how busy this town is about to get, I am so excited for it. I am working the races one of the nights with my Fraternity so it should be a lot of fun walking around with my friends and Brothers through the chaos.

That’s it for this entry. For all of you high school seniors, continue working in school, don’t let the “senior-itis” get to you too much. These next few months are going to be some of the most memorable times of your life so take it all in and “appreciate” what you have in your lives. You might disagree with me right now but I bet a year after you graduate you will know exactly what I mean. Finally, good luck to everyone still trying to get into Riddle as well as who did, I’m out!