March 29, 2006

Hey Readers!

It’s been a while (oops) and I have sooo much to catch you guys and gals up on. First, we shall talk about something I hope you are all interested in. Spring Splash ’06 has gotten blown way, way up! April 8th, all of you incoming students should be here for your open house, and part of that is the 2nd Annual Spring Splash presented by Task Force One, AND The Spring Block Party, presented by the Embry-Riddle Resident Students Association (ERRSA), which all of you will be mandated to be a part of your first year at ERAU, by virtue of living in the residence halls. So after you get through reading the long names on the signs, you can check out all of the fun activities and contests going on, grab some food (we have BBQ and catered subs.) We also will have some tables with people who can explain some of the activities for you to do here at ERAU. Of course Task Force One will have a table, and if I am not there, I’ll be by the pool, so please come over and say hey to me if you get a chance. I would love to meet the people who read the journal.

Spring Break has just ended, and I did not go home for this break, so I am really excited about going home for the summer. I leave here the first day of May, and yes I am counting down the days until I get back up to the city. I miss the things to do at home. There were plenty of things to do here during spring break though, and I will miss the beach, but I’ll be back. The only sad part of me leaving is that my tenure as your journal writer will be up. This does sadden me, but I have confidence that next year’s writers (possibly you!) will be excellent. And hopefully I can become a tour guide or work in some fashion as that in the future, because I really enjoy telling people about the university I call home. This is a great place to be and you should be here!

Classes are going great, and I am fully motivated to go to every one, so my grades are on the up and up and it’s amazing that school for me will be over in APRIL!!!! For those of you from the NYC area, you know we don’t finish until the end of June, so just imagine having the month of June IN APRIL!!! I am so excited, and hope it passes by really quickly, while still learning as much as possible and still getting ready for finals.

My extra ‘class’ of sorts is my Resident Advisor training. It is going so well, and I am getting to meet all of the Residence Life Staff, and they are some excellent people. Rest assured you are in good hands when you live in an ERAU residence hall. I cannot wait to have my very own residents. So I’ll see some of you in August!!! There are only 3 weeks left in this training, and then it’s looking forward to summer RA training. I’ll be here about 2 weeks before you all are for orientation, so I’ll be more than adequately prepare for anything you can throw at me. (please don’t throw anything at your RA’s, they’re nice people!) Ok, I will talk to you all next week!!! Then I will give you the final updates on Spring Splash and anything else going on!

Until Then,
Carlos

This entry was posted in 2005 – 2006 by Carlos. Bookmark the permalink.

About Carlos

**Age:** 18 **Hometown:** New York City, NY **Favorite Movie:** The Aristocrats **Favorite Band:** Dave Matthews Band, Ludacris, The Goo Goo Dolls **Career Goal:** To own my own airline **Interests:** Football, Softball, Politics and Government, Video Production