July 20, 2006

Time is moving so fast, there is less than a month left in the internship.

It seems like I have been going non-stop for the past 3 months, which I have! My suitcase seems to always be packed by my bed ready for this week’s adventure.

I just got back from my international trip to London, best trip thus far. I left on Friday for the nine hour flight across the Atlantic. I met up with the crew at the gate and watched them complete the entire preflight from the walk around to all the paperwork. The flight left at 630 pm and arrived in London 955am the next morning.

Once in London I checked into the hotel and took the train into downtown. I had been to London before, and this time just wanted to walk around the entire city with no real plan. I had done the tourist thing already and just wanted to see the city by foot this time. It’s even better the second time. I can’t wait to go back!

I returned on Monday and was dead tired. That whole weekend I don’t think I got more than 5 hours of sleep. Once I got back from the airport I fell asleep and didn’t wake up till it was time to go to work the next day. I think I’m finally over my jet lag and just in time, I’m off to New York this weekend with some of my friends that are doing the ExpressJet internship in Houston as well.

Since my last entry I have also done the maintenance tour here at Continental. It was one of the best “field trips” thus far. They pretty much let us wander the hanger with 777s, 767s, 757s, and 737s all over the place! I have pictures of me inside jet engines, cargo compartments, on the flight deck, next to landing gear; it was so much fun (hope to share those with you in the next entry).

Well I need to get some laundry done and pack for this weekend.
Until next time, Bon Voyage!

This entry was posted in 2013 - 2014 by Lyle. Bookmark the permalink.

About Lyle

**Minor:** Safety **Class Year:** Senior **Company:** Continental Airlines **Position:** Flight safety intern **Hometown:** White Plains, Maryland **Career goal:** To be a pilot