September 19, 2006

Today has been rather busy.

I woke up around 9:30, took a shower, yada yada, you know the routine. At 10:30 I had a meeting with my advisor. I’m glad that my UNIV 101 teacher forced everyone to meet with their advisors – I learned a lot. She helped me figure out some stuff about choosing my minor, registering for classes, events on campus, internships, electives, off-campus schooling, and the list goes on. I’m really glad that I went – So all you Riddle newbies or soon-to-be newbies – Go see your advisor, it’s a good idea. She also pointed me in the right direction for other concerns that I had.

After I got back from seeing my advisor, I made a trip to the bank, and then to a gas station to vacuum out my car – In case you haven’t noticed, Carlos (my car)… It tends to um… suck. I almost regret bringing my car down here, except that it is INFINITELY easier to have the job that I want, aka off-campus, and go to the beach when I want, and the grocery store, mall, etc.

Speaking of my job, Epic called today and asked me to work a few more days in October. I was really worried that I wasn’t going to have enough hours there, and I was going to have to get a third job, but things are looking okay. Plus, I really REALLY don’t want a third job. At all. Although, one of my hallmates did tell me about his job that he loves, and he said he’d give me some information if I want it, but… I really want to continue working at Epic, so hopefully things will work out.

There are these crazy little bugs here – People call them Love Bugs. They are everywhere, and they fly into you, and get in your car and drive you nuts. “Love Bugs” is not a good name for them. They are kind of like June Bugs or June Beetles from back home in Virginia, except they are much smaller and somehow more annoying. I vacuumed up a lot of them while I was vacuuming my car, just because they were bugging me – no pun intended.

After the gas station, I went to Publix to get some food. I had about four things on my list and left with… significantly more things, but I think I did alright. I should be good for another two weeks or so (and then I’ll get paid again). Then I came back to the dorms. Class this afternoon… Woo hoo. Then I get to study for my FIRST COLLEGE TEST. Cumulatively, I’ve already put about 7 hours of study into it… But that’s because I’m TERRIFIED. So… we’ll see how that goes. *crosses fingers*

Stay classy, and stay in class!