October 3

I studied for a little bit for my meteorology test. I actually still have a big headache. I know I at least got half of them right. I am hoping I get more than half of them correct.

Now I have to focus on my speech presentation I have due tomorrow. I am not sure exactly how I am going to say everything. I have a little bit of a problem with transitions. I don’t really like giving speeches. I get so nervous that I feel that I am never going to be prepared. I also hope the people find the St. Louis Arch interesting. I think the one thing about this class that is different from the rest of my classes is that we are a unique group of people.

We are not necessarily friends but we feel comfortable around each other in class. We talk about the most random things. Of course the boys always complain how there aren’t enough girls in the school and they think of creative majors that they think would attract girls to come to Embry-Riddle. One of them was actually Aviation Nursing. Another one is that one of the guys showed up wearing his Spongebob Squarepants pajamas. We just started talking about Spongebob and how they had a show where they questioned his sexuality. Yes I know; it’s random.

As much, as I don’t like my Speech class because I don’t like speaking in front of people I really enjoy this class. Also the professor has a sense of humor too. She wants to make sure we learn the material she teaches us plus she wants us to improve in our speaking skills. She reminds us that we will be giving presentations once we get into the work force and I agree.