January 16

Happy New Year 2007 Readers!!!…

I do hope every one of you out there had a wonderful Christmas break and Santa brought you everything you asked for! haha..

Well, I am here to update you on my life within the last few weeks. Overall it was very fun but had it’s saddening moments..like that one which I am sure all of you have heard about the tornado that passed through Embry Riddle’s Daytona Beach campus.

On Christmas day around 2pm, I got a call from one of my friends here in Port Orange and she said that there was a tornado in Daytona Beach. At first I didn’t want to believe her until I got home when I saw the pictures she sent me and all the notices on the university’s website. Well, that totally saddened my holidays back home in Trinidad. I felt useless because I couldn’t have flown up to Daytona Beach immediately to assist in the clean up and whatever. But, as time passed by, the school kept us actively updated with damages and repairs. The recovery process has been tremendous, simply fantastic! I had returned to school on the 7th to see the campus all cleaned up and new airplanes already lined up on the ramp ready to go! The best thing about it to me was that none of the residence halls were even touched and no one was on campus so there were NO injuries! YAY

We were all pretty excited and relieved to know that we can now resume classes as usual without many changes, except for Spruance Hall which is going to be torn down sometime since the tornado passed directly through that building and left no hope for repair. Oh well, it will be missed.

Ok, so moving on, when I arrived in Daytona Beach! Well, some of my friends and I got in a bit early before classes started, so we decided to go out and have some fun before the dreadful full day classes start! Haha Most of the residents on my floor (Adams 5th floor north) were already back, so we all decided to head to Universal Studios in Orlando on Tuesday (again!..yes, I know we go often!) Always a fun time with them!

Then on Friday and Saturday night we went clubbing in Daytona!!! Yeah, that was awesome! For all of you who are coming here soon, I am sure you will all have great time if you are into the club scene!

Well, the fun time is almost over. Classes officially begin tomorrow and to be honest, I can’t wait to start! Haha..may sound stupid, but hey I get to share classes with some of good friends and also meet new people!

I guess we’ll see how things go. Be patient, you’ll find out in 2 weeks..haha

Until then, I bid you all adieu!

See you in two weeks!

Oh, and thanks for all of you who have contacted me with your questions and stuff!..and all those of you who haven’t don’t hesitate ..it’s my job to help you!

BYE Folks!