January 18, 2007

Well, I am back in sunny Florida and classes have started up again.  Unfortunately, right now it’s not too sunny because we are having one of those rainy and gray days.  Also, for the past few days it has been cold for Florida and I wish the temperature could be 80 degrees and sunny like it was the day after I came back.  I got back to Florida late on January 7th and I had a whole day to unpack and get organized before classes started.  The past week hasn’t been too busy since the clubs haven’t gotten started yet and I haven’t done all that much.

On January 9th classes started, and I realized that nothing had changed from last semester because I still have a project or paper to do in each class.  My Honors class requirement is to write one paper this time which is better than last semester and we never have tests or quizzes.  In my Computers class we are going to learn how to design our own webpage, I am excited about that!  Microeconomics seems a lot like Macroeconomics so far, and I hope that as we get deeper into the material it will start to differ.  All in all, I am pretty happy with my classes and my schedule.  I almost forgot to mention that they finished the College of Business building and I posted pictures so don’t forget to check them out.

The spring semester is similar to the fall semester in the fact that it usually takes about two weeks for the clubs to start up again.  On January 12th, I went with a friend to the Christian Fellowship Club meeting and I had a wonderful time meeting a bunch of new people.  One of my favorite things about ERAU is how it’s small enough that you see a lot of people you recognize everyday but there are always new people to meet.  After the meeting, most of the people went to this pizza place (I can’t remember the name of it) and we got an enormous pizza.  The pizza was so big that it took up an entire table and contained 60 slices!  Unfortunately, I didn’t have my camera with me or I would have taken a picture of it.  Silver Wings and the Airport Management Club both have meetings in the upcoming week and I am looking forward to doing some exciting things.  Maybe at the activities fair I will look to see if there are any other clubs to join!

Air Force ROTC started back up on the first day of classes and we got our new flight assignments.  This semester I am in Echo Flight and no one from my old flight is with me, which means more new people to meet!  Also, this semester I only wear my uniform once a week instead of twice a week because of the way PT is scheduled.  The NASCAR drivers have already started practicing for the races because on the sunny days you can hear the cars driving around the speedway.  Pretty cool!!

Until next time,

Kaleigh

e-mail:sidesk@erau.edu