January 22 – January 26

On Tues, I went to the activities fair for a couple of minutes. I wanted to see what clubs we had. Also, I wasn’t sure if ASSE was doing anything for it. I really would like it if the president starts delegating some work or we start meeting on a regular basis. I want to get this club going because it is one of the best places for networking and they are helpful when it comes to scholarships and internships.

Later on that day, I also went to the CO-OP Seminar. There was a lot of information in there that I didn’t know about. The career services personnel do their best to let you know about all the internships and jobs available in all majors. They give you interview tips and resume tips. I actually need to go there sometime so I can work on proofreading my resume and start working on a cover letter.

On Wed, I went to the International Society of Air Safety Investigators (ISASI) meeting. They have many interesting events going on this semester. I am excited to be a part of this club. They are planning on having some speakers come in to talk about aircraft accident investigations. Also, the Prescott campus has an accident lab that, of course, the Daytona campus is jealous of. 😛 I really want to see it because people from all over the U.S. come in and get trained in aircraft investigations. They are planning on sending a couple of people from the club during Spring Break to see it.

I also went to the Firearms Club meeting. I saw it on the activities fair and it caught my attention. So far there are only 3 girls in the club and many guys. I was one of the few that had never shot a gun. One of the main priorities of the club is safety. They laid down all the rules for us. They want us to get certificates. I am not sure what they are since I am not that familiar with them. Also, never bring a weapon to campus. I really hate to admit this, but I am looking forward to being a part of this club.

On Thurs, I went to work and my task was to show a video for two classes. The professor was out of town on a school business. The video is called the Atomic Cafe. I would recommend you see it. I thought it was funny. After the class ended, I tried to rewind the tape and the VCR ate the brand new tape. I had to call IT because the tape was stuck in the VCR. In the end, I felt bad because I just ruined this professor’s tape. Although, I am glad it happened after the last class because then I wouldn’t have known what to do if it happened in between those two classes.

On a lighter note, the school is doing Relay for Life. I am a captain for one of the Alpha Xi Delta teams. We have a lot of fundraising to do. We are also planning on sleeping there so I need to reserve a spot for us. I also need to come up with ideas on a fundraiser to do during the Relay for Life.

This semester I have four group projects. These are semester long projects where I have to meet people on a weekly basis to get my part of the project done. I have one problem. They all want to meet on the same day. Also I have so much to do that it’s hard for me to meet and then go home after midnight and work on my homework. I am thinking of cutting down my work hours. I am working twice as many hours and I know it’s affecting my school work and sleep. I am sleeping about 3-5 hours a night. I’ll see how many I am going to cut down.

On Friday, I went to the Etiquette Dinner. I mentioned it earlier because it was free food. I love free food. I went to eat with my friend at a Chinese Buffet on Nova and International Speedway. It was pretty good. Of course I ate like 5 or 6 plates. He was pretty much laughing at me. After work, I went to Friendly’s to eat ice cream with Adrianna. I got ready for my etiquette dinner because it was business attire. They served brie as our appetizer. They served shrimp bisque which I thought was delicious. The only problem is that I am allergic to shrimp. I had a couple of bites of it because I was curious how it tasted. I did get a little rash break out. They also served some salad with raspberry vinaigrette. For the entree they gave me a chicken plate with no crab meat. It was all so good. They also served Napoleons. I was so stuffed by the end of my eating binge.

After the dinner, I went home and went to sleep since I wasn’t feeling well. My rash was still bothering me and I had a huge headache. I am surprised I didn’t have a tummy ache. I was planning on going to two parties that night and I missed both them. I needed the sleep anyway.