December 12

Well hello to everyone out there in internet land! I’d like to first start by apologizing to everyone who reads these on a regular basis. As you may know, my fellow journal writers had there journals online by last week. Unfortunately, I have been running a little late.

This past week was the last week in school and I had 4 tests and my big paper due. On top of that I have been having some personal troubles which translated into a pretty tough past week. Overall, school has been going great, but other things haven’t. It’s nothing to worry about though, life goes on and I’m excited to be done with school! I’ll go ahead and tell you about my last weeks of classes . . .

TTH 8:15am-9:30am – Aviation Weather – We had an option final exam, if we wanted to take it. The final would replace our lowest test grade, but since I had an A average, I didn’t need to take it! Overall, this class was beneficial, but I’m glad it’s over. It was early in the morning, but it did cover a lot of valuable information that I will use on a regular basis. I have some friends that are minoring in weather, which is something that I think I’ll pass on. This class was a great overview of all of aviation weather, but I don’t think I would like to go way in-depth like other classes.

TTH 9:45am-11:00am – Business Communications – I am so relieved this class is over. I was dreading this class from the beginning and I couldn’t be happier now that it’s done. My group turned in our paper and I could feel the weight being lifted off my shoulders as we handed it to our professor. I was really impressed with what we accomplished. I’m not sure of my grade in the class, but I have been making Bs on all my papers, so hopefully I can at least get a B. An A would be great, but I am a horrible writer! Can’t you tell just by reading! 😉

TTH 12:45pm-2:00pm – Intermediate Aeronautics – This class has been great for numerous reasons. For one, it directly pertains to my flight course and what my instructor and I have been doing, and two, the professor was great. He made the subject fun and interesting, and I liked him so much I signed up for a class of his next semester. We took our third and final exam and I got a 95! I ended up with an A in the class, so I’m pretty psyched about that! If you have read my previous journals, you know about the three steps in attaining your pilot’s license. There is a written test, an oral test, and a practical test. Well, the same goes for your instrument rating. I took a practice written exam in our class which simulates the real thing and I got a 91%. There is a test bank of 926 questions, and I have been studying non-stop for the past three weeks. I was so happy when I found out I got a 91!!! Now I have to sign up for the real one, and I’m getting kind of nervous. Hopefully it won’t be too bad.

TTH 2:15pm-3:30pm – Air Traffic Management II – Well I am very happy I chose to minor in Air Traffic Control, because it really has enforced everything I have learned. I enjoyed the class as a whole and I’m looking forward to next semester because I am taking ATM III with my two friends that I was with in ATM II and another friend. For ATM III, we actually get headsets and have to look at screens and talk to each other, so it should be fun.

TTHS 5:30pm-8:30pm – Flight – I am at the point where I have learned almost everything I need to know, and now I just have to review it and practice. I am going to take a break until next semester, and I’ll pick up where I left off in January. Over the break, hopefully I’ll have a lot of time to study, but I know that I’ve said that before! I’ll give it a shot though, if I don’t study over the break, I’ll slowly start to forget things. That’s not good!

Well, I’m going to have to cut the journal short this week. To be honest this past week has been one of the toughest periods in my life, even if school wasn’t part of it. But then you throw finals and papers on top of that, wooah. I promise that next journal will be longer and more informative. Until then, I’m going to do some working over the break, maybe do some snowboarding, and try to enjoy life.

I hope everyone has a good holiday season and I look forward to seeing you next year!

-Blake
email: wasteofsoap@yahoo.com

pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wasteofsoap/

videos: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=blakeguiles

This entry was posted in 2007 – 2008 by Blake. Bookmark the permalink.

About Blake

**Hometown:** DeBary, Florida **Why I chose Embry-Riddle:** Ever since I was little I knew that I wanted to fly, and ever since I knew about Embry-Riddle I wanted to go here.