February 4

Hey Everyone,
So it is definitely apparent that we are back into the swing of things here in Florida. Classes are getting intense, the homework keeps flying at you, exams dates are coming closer and closer. This semester has not started off in the ways that I thought it would what-so-ever… It’s been for the better and the worse. I have become more distant with some of my closest friends down here, but I have started to make or grow in other friendships. Also, with friends back at home it seems like things are starting to get hazy,  what I mean by that is just that things are not the way they used to be at all. When they say you have to sometimes fight for friendships, they weren’t kidding… Just keep your friends close!

So classes, like I said, are getting crazier than ever!!! I feel like the never-ending man of homework… if it’s not one thing it’s the other. This is definitely not like last semester… last semester was more laid back, but this semester is just go GO GOOO!!! I have changed my schedule around a lot and have been trying to limit my extra-curricular activities. I’m still involved with the AcaFellas, ERRSA, and ATC Org, otherwise I’ve been trying to leave more time open for me. I feel like I have been over-doing myself because I have felt so tired lately, I’m not one to take naps during the day, but I haven’t been able to get through a day in a while without one. I think that has a lot to do with emotions, school, extra-curricular activities, and just LIFE!

Oh!!! I got a new roommate. My roommate from last semester decided to transfer to another school so my room was empty and one of my really good friends down here Bobby, was looking to move out so he decided to move into my room. I finally have a roommate whom I like and I get along with. I have not had much luck with roommate situations and I’m just glad I have one that I’m actually friends with.

So, on February 1st, the first newly painted US Airways plane landed at Daytona Beach Airport for the first time. It was a pretty big event and many people went out to go see it. When the plane landed, as it was taxiing to the gate they did this ceremonial thing where they sprayed the aircraft (I’ve never seen it before so it was new to me) but what they did was lined up two fire trucks so that when the plane was entering the gating area, the trucks sprayed the plane on both sides. It was pretty cool to watch! I actually will have pictures posted on my blog site of it (www.virb.com/joejaworskiatc) and hopefully a video of it!!!!

So that’s been my life for the past two weeks. It has had its ups and downs, but, as usual, I have gotten through it! I hope you all are enjoying school and life, AND LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ALL GET YOUR ACCEPTANCE LETTERS!!!! I’ll leave you with a little piece of wisdom from yours truly. “If you’re not going to fight the battle, don’t expect to win the war. Go into battle with an open heart and an open mind, and any factors working against you cannot beat the convictions that you have for yourself.”

Until Next Time,
Joey Jaworski

This entry was posted in 2007 – 2008 by Joe. Bookmark the permalink.

About Joe

**Class Year:** Sophomore **Position:** Student Assistant - Embry-Riddle Summer Programs **Hometown:** Buffalo, NY **Summer Activity:** Working Embry-Riddle's Summer Academy - and more! **Why I Chose Embry-Riddle:** I chose Embry Riddle with no second thought in my mind. I knew that I have always wanted to either be a Pilot or an Air Traffic Controller and with time I realized that I am someone who is meant to be in the tower!