February 2010

Now that the semester is in full gear, I realized that I have a lot of free time during the week. So I’m looking for a job off campus to earn a little extra money and, at the same time, do something interesting. My classes are Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday and I have off Tuesday and Thursday.

I have just completed Stage One of Instrument Training here at ERAU. I’m progressing rather quickly and I’m very happy about that. I had my first no-show since being here; I was scheduled outside my flight block, with a different instructor (for the day) and forgot all about it. That was a busy day, in addition it was Friday night. No worries, I went to the deferment seminar and it was wiped clean from my record.

Many organizations opened their doors to me at the activities fair this spring. I’m interested in joining the Air Traffic Controllers Organization, International Society of Air Safety Investigators, and NBAA Official Student Group.

I just found out I got an 85 on my first SF 210 (Intro to Aerospace Safety) test, which I’m very proud of because it is the first test of the semester. Hopefully more good reports to follow.

The weather here in Florida is still warm for the most part, but some nights are chilly and some days I wish were warmer than others. No biggie, I could be covered in snow.

The last ever night shuttle launch was the other night and I managed to get some sweet pictures of it, even from Daytona it’s an amazing sight. It’ll be sad to see the shuttle program go.

The upcoming Daytona 500 race has got this town on its feet. Many tourists and car enthusiasts are arriving by all means of transportation. It’s going to be jam packed. I’ve never been here for the races but I hear the aftermath (traffic) is a disaster.

Over and Out.

This entry was posted in 2009 – 2010 by Alan. Bookmark the permalink.

About Alan

**Minors:** Business Administration and Air Traffic Control **Hometown:** Greater New York City Area, NY **Career Goals:** To fly airplanes and prepare myself for an airline career. **Why I chose Embry-Riddle:** The amount of opportunities available to students and the quality of instruction provided. **Activities:** Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity, Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society, Orientation Team, Student Alumni Association, Flight Professional Conduct Board, Airline Career Education Club, The Avion Newspaper