February 13th, 2010

Nothing too exciting has happened in the past two weeks…I’ve mainly been going to class, work, and doing homework. My homework is usually just reading assignments; unfortunately, I sometimes get bored with it and feel myself scanning the words and not really reading them. I hate when I do that because then I have to go back and reread several paragraphs or pages. On another note, I’m looking forward to Spring Break!! I think my sister is planning on coming down and maybe we’ll take a road trip or just hang out at the beach—if it ever gets warm enough! The weather here is actually pretty nice compared to what it’s like back home right now.

My job at the Daytona Beach airport has been going well and I enjoy being an observer to the airport environment. The other day a man came up to me and we started talking about the weather, then he asked me where I was from and it turns out we were both from Illinois. We continued talking and I found out that his son is a teacher at the community college I went to before coming to Embry-Riddle. Just goes to show you what a small world this is! As you can tell from the picture, I have a big TV behind me that shows incoming and outgoing flights along with the weather radar. Many people come over to take a look at it; then they ask me a few questions and I get to tell them about Embry-Riddle. I really enjoy talking to everybody and love finding out why people are coming to or leaving Daytona Beach.

Graduation is fast approaching and the other week I attended a meeting that gave all the details about the ceremony and things you must do before walking across the stage. Only about three more months till the day is here and I’m excited to order my cap and gown! If we want to, we can decorate our cap and I’m trying to decide what I want to put on there. Some people were shocked to find out that I would be graduating too; I love watching people’s reactions when I tell them! Along with the graduation meeting, I went to a MBA information session and learned some more things about the curriculum. In order to finish by next May, I think I will be spending my summer taking classes. I’ve taken summer classes before and I sort of like them better because you are done in six weeks instead of fourteen.

I did go on a “field trip” with Air Force ROTC this past Saturday. We went down to Orlando to a place called Rebounderz where you get to jump on a trampoline indoors. There are even trampolines on the sides, so you can jump off the walls! We played a game of dodge ball and being able to jump in the air to dodge the ball adds a whole new dimension to the game. I had a lot of fun and wouldn’t mind going back again!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Until next time,

Kaleigh