I mentioned in one of my last posts that I had the opportunity to move into the New Residence Hall in January. I was an RA (Resident Assistant) in McKay Hall, which has now been replaced by the New Hall (it doesn’t have a name yet). Because of my RA position, I was automatically moved into the New Hall for the spring semester!
I know everyone is excited to see what it’s like inside! I’ll start by going through some features:
- Two laundry rooms on every floor
- Two lounges with TVs on every floor
- Multiple study rooms on each floor
- Large 1st floor lounge with pool tables and multiple tvs
- Large 1st floor study area
- Vending machines
Next, the most important part, what are the rooms like?
- Four residents per suite, two residents per bedroom
- One toilet, one shower, double vanity (all in separate rooms)
- Closet for each resident
- Mini fridge
- Kitchen storage cabinets
- Ceiling fans
- Carpet flooring
This hall was definitely designed with students in mind. There are so many places to study, socialize, and even do laundry! Residents have been enjoying this hall for about a month now, and are loving their new home.
As of right now, there aren’t any specifications on the ERAU website, so I took a few pictures to showcase the New Hall.
I hope these pictures gave you a better idea of what the New Hall is like! If you want to see it for yourself, come visit us on campus! Take a tour or come for Preview Day, and we’d love to show you around.
Until next time,