November 11, 2004

Hey everyone! Well unlike so many people who went to the homecoming festivities over the weekend, I was sleeping! Lately I have been feeling so tired that all I can do is sleep. I did get to see the new Disney/Pixar movie The Incredibles and that was the highlight of my weekend (that and the hot fudge brownie sundae that I had afterwards).

On Thursday night I went to Cape Canaveral to see the next rocket launch go off at around 12:45. Mike, Brian from my floor and a few other guys all rushed to get to the rocket launch on time. We got there with like 2 minutes to spare and then the rocket like never went off! We waited there for like another half hour or so and found out that the launch had been cancelled! I was crushed out of everyone because I haven’t been to the Kennedy Space Center Area since I was 9 so I was really looking forward to it! Well I know that there will be others…

Oh there was the annual career fair at the school this past week! I went with some people from my EP 101 class, and the only booth that interested me was of the United Space Alliance. They are the major contractors for NASA. We passed by their building on the way to see the rocket launch. I told Mike and Brian that this is where I am going to be working soon! I have to be at least a sophomore to a junior I think in order to get a CO-OP. But after talking to the people at the booth, it had hit me that I am just another step closer to becoming an astronaut!

As for school, it’s going well. Just recently took a chemistry exam and I am feeling more confident about how I did this time! All my other classes are just running smoothly right now and nothing is becoming too overwhelming at the present moment! Ok well I’ll keep you all updated on how I am doing and I will talk to you all soon! Bye!

This entry was posted in 2004 – 2005 by Terryel. Bookmark the permalink.

About Terryel

**Age:** 19 **Hometown:** Reynoldsburg, OH **Favorite Movie:** The Mask of Zorro **Favorite Musical Genre:** Classical, jazz, R&B, mariachi, pretty much anything **Career Goal:** To become the second African-American female to venture into space **Interests:** Space Exploration, astronomy, Mexican culture